SouthPark neighborhood Projects

A2

Just to clarify, those are two separate apartment complex's. The first picture is of Allure (JLB partners), and the second pic across the street is Crescent. Both are around 350 units each. I get to stare at these two complexes 8 hours a day...

Here's some updated photos for Crescent Southpark. This property is pretty huge

http://crescentsouthpark.com/

LsKZofX.jpg?1

QPWRIjT.jpg?1

VfaoB6H.jpg?1

If there was ever an example of the urbanization of suburban Charlotte, that's it.

No kidding.  Southpark is on fire right now:  http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/real_estate/2015/04/mixed-use-project-planned-for-church-site-in.html

Incidentally, I always see Southpark being positioned as "Charlotte's Buckhead".  While I think that statement holds some water, I do feel like the development in the area is more of the mid and low rise variety and is densifying at a healthier rate than Buckhead.  Don't get me wrong, Buckhead is SUPER impressive and has a skyline that frankly almost matches uptown.  And it's retail options are unmatched in the southeast outside of Miami.  But it's street level vibe gives the impression of a vertical business park with very little urbanity.

I don't think anyone will ever mistake Southpark for being "urban" but it does appear our development as of late has made a positive push in that direction.  Now if only we could get that rail connection...

I think the one thing South Park could do to learn from Buckhead is connect up as MANY streets as possible to help the grid and traffic in and out of major areas. Cramming all the traffic to Barclay Downs, Fairview, and Sharron is a recipe for disaster. 

Connecting Arundel Dr and Topping Pl to the backside of Carnegie Blvd (with an additional connector over Brair Creek) would be a great start and go further to connect Fairheath Road to Barclay Downs. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2015/04/16/reids-cooks-up-deal-for-southpark-location.html?page=all

Reid's moving to the old City Tavern location, as if parking at the mall needed to get worse. 8200 sq ft, planned opening of Oct 1.

that part of the parking lot is frequently empty... and/or full of contractor's trucks. 

that part of the parking lot is frequently empty... and/or full of contractor's trucks. 

Agreed. That side of the mall has plenty of parking. 

So now that Reids is moving on from the Capital Towers project, can we please get a damn Trader Joes in there now?  They were the big retail rumor years ago when it got rezoned.,,and frankly would do a killing it that location.

Grading permits were issued (but plans aren't approved yet) for the Homewood Suites/Hilton Garden Inn going in the emptied apartment (or condos?) building across Sharon from Solis. I will be glad to see this sketchy property gone. Hopefully this satisfies Homewood's want to get in the area and they stay out of uptown.

Edited by Jayvee

Grading permits were issued (but plans aren't approved yet) for the Homewood Suites/Hilton Garden Inn going in the emptied apartment (or condos?) building across Sharon from Solis. I will be glad to see this sketchy property gone. Hopefully this satisfies Homewood's want to get in the area and they stay out of uptown.

Nope, they will announce a building uptown during the last half of this year, whether you like it or not. They desperately want an uptown presence. 

Ha, I knew you would comment on this.... shhhhhhh you're crushing my dreams.

Their Urban Models have gotten increasingly more urban and more attractive. Everyone needs a place to stay uptown, and believe it or not some people have a preference towards Homewood Suites (Why I'll never know). When we finally start getting the big conventions once we get some of these hotel rooms built, people will be happy to have a Homewood Suites nearby. 

2v7vvno.jpg

Chicago

0022ea89.jpg

Toronto

Many companies that have a "don't use it and keep it" reimbursement policy for meals. Home2 provides breakfast and dinner. FREE MONEY. I used to be one of these employees making an extra couple hundred dollars each week.

Yep...per diem lines your pocket if you do it right. When I traveled exclusively, we used to stay at a Residence Inn and eat breakfast and dinner for free (and keep leftovers in the fridge).  You can easily pocket a hundred bucks a week and be well fed. 

And when we travel for vacations now, we almost always choose one of the suite places. I prefer a fridge and mini-kitchen in my room than room service. My wife has celiac so finding GF options can be a challenge so when we do, she gets extra and takes back to the hotel or just brings GF options with us..

Not exactly Southpark but my wife heard from some neighbors that they are planning a large mixed use development behind the 7-11 area on Providence Rd at Olde Providence.  Tax records show Levine bought up all the land over multiple lots with the last (and biggest one) lot being bought up this winter. The person my wife spoke with lives directly across from the land the bought up on Olde Providence so i would assume they be on top of it.

Anyone know anything about it?

Seems a very odd spot.  It would sit directly behind section 8 housing and across the street from the less than stellar apartments on Providence.  However looking past those sore spots, there is a lot of money in the Sharon View corridor and there is a major lack of grocery stores in that immediate area (Lansdale and Stonehaven are a huge neighborhoods with no good close grocery stores minus the Fresh Market).  Another opportunity for a Publix development?

Not exactly Southpark but my wife heard from some neighbors that they are planning a large mixed use development behind the 7-11 area on Providence Rd at Olde Providence.  Tax records show Levine bought up all the land over multiple lots with the last (and biggest one) lot being bought up this winter. The person my wife spoke with lives directly across from the land the bought up on Olde Providence so i would assume they be on top of it.

Anyone know anything about it?

Seems a very odd spot.  It would sit directly behind section 8 housing and across the street from the less than stellar apartments on Providence.  However looking past those sore spots, there is a lot of money in the Sharon View corridor and there is a major lack of grocery stores in that immediate area (Lansdale and Stonehaven are a huge neighborhoods with no good close grocery stores minus the Fresh Market).  Another opportunity for a Publix development?

A friend mentioned about this in passing, Providence Square Redevelopment, with Apartments, retail, entire mixed use center. I wasn't really listening since it was a project outside of my comfort zone, I don't really travel passed fairview, and I definitely don't think about anything past fairview :-). I'll see if I can get more info.

Edited by Guest

The entire area, including the housing is going bye bye, and there will be a Grocery Anchor. A friend of mine mentioned it in passing last week, and I kind of ignored him because it was in a place further out than Fairview LOL.

Thanks! That makes sense that they would "move/replace" the section 8 apartments like they did in Southpark...that adds 8+ acres to the roughly 20 acres Levine already bought.

Levine is gobbling up a lot of real estate all over southpark-ish area.  Can't wait for my grandkids to see all the finished work!

Thanks! That makes sense that they would "move/replace" the section 8 apartments like they did in Southpark...that adds 8+ acres to the roughly 20 acres Levine already bought.

Levine is gobbling up a lot of real estate all over southpark-ish area.  Can't wait for my grandkids to see all the finished work!

Great great grandkids*** sorry just correcting your typo.

• 2 weeks later...