SouthPark neighborhood Projects

A2

56 minutes ago, Miesian Corners said:

Dee Dee's hole is finally going to get filled? Is there a timeline?

within the next decade I hope.  No really none announced but it sounds like they have some interest.   This line from the article has me laughing and it is an understatement. Talking about the other false starts and so forth. 

"""One resulted in a large crater at that site that was the result of excavation for and underground parking deck."""

Here is older Agenda article and I would say these new renderings are somewhat like what was proposed here but the hotel looks taller like 10-11 stories.

https://www.charlotteagenda.com/100369/can-please-make-giant-hole-quail-hollow-nature-preserve/

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Was that supposed to be salacious, or was it a Freudian slip?

We have always called the site Dee Dee's Hole. Some worse things were said too actually at the time many years ago once the site was abandoned because the hole ended up collecting water and became a breeding ground for mosquitos.

• Like 2

On 3/6/2018 at 4:44 PM, KJHburg said:

Changing the subject but in the Southpark area a plan has resurfaced for once was derided LOL as Dee Dee's Wetland Park at the corner of Park Rd and Gleneagles Rd.  Hill Partners according the Business Journal is shopping space in there and they seem to have some tenants on board.  

New to market like these   Cooper’s Hawk Winery and Restaurants, Bibibop Asian Grill and J. Alexanders other all ready in Charlotte or coming soon  like Chopt, Nekter and The El Felix.

Retailers listed include Amazon Books, Fleet Feet, Bluemercury and Lori & Lulu and I saw LL Bean with a 2 story store and a "luxury" movie theater me thinks could be Alama Drafthouse which is expanding in NC but not sure.   Plus like a 11 story hotel.    This spot has been vacated for 15 years and past plans had a Ritz Carlton and Saks 5th Avenue.  A grocery store.  So who knows what to think of this plan?  But something is afoot again.  Here is the subscriber article 

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/03/06/new-life-for-harris-landsquail-hollow-mixed-use.html?ana=e_clt_bn_newsalert&u=oAaDx%2B74FoP4qOJ%2By4AU6dhJPpc&t=1520372103&j=80356301

Would they really have all of these tenants on board at this point when they haven't started with planning commission or moving dirt?

They actually do have zoning approval and I could not find it has 5 year vesting rights but those rights if given during the rezoning would expire in 2019.  I just looked a the site plan Business Journal is showing and it is very specific El Phenix which is Ford's new restaurant in south end with another location here.  LL Bean is listed and I saw their name with a Northlake expansion plans while back too.  I am cautionously optimistic this time something for real maybe a foot here.  Lots of service businesses salon, exercise facilities, restaurants and a lot less traditional retail. 

Here is the approval from 2014 rezoning http://charlottenc.gov/planning/Rezoning/RezoningPetitions/2014Petitions/Pages/2014-106.aspx

• Like 1

Maybe Canopy by Hilton gave up on being uptown or maybe we are getting 2 of them    But the only mixed use project where a hotel can go in SouthPark is the Childress Klein church project  in quick fashion or maybe a switch was made on the previously approved AC by Marriott hotel next to the existing Marriott hotel on Rexford and Roxborough Rd. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 3:23 PM, KJHburg said:

Time to kill before lunch at Sabor in Southpark area so some photos around Charlotte's 2nd downtown. 

1.  Proof that wires are everywhere in town even by these $1 M townhomes along Fairview  2. new 131 Main at Fairview Center  3. 4. 5. Liberty Southpark new massive seniors housing complex 

6. KJ's favorite McDonalds not the newest but love it at 2 stories  7. Hilton Garden Inn Homewood Suites I like this I know some of you dont but love the brick.    8. Capitol Towers  9. new apartments at Morrison  the INspire apar

IMG_8639.JPG

IMG_8646.JPG

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 3:23 PM, KJHburg said:

Time to kill before lunch at Sabor in Southpark area so some photos around Charlotte's 2nd downtown. 

1.  Proof that wires are everywhere in town even by these $1 M townhomes along Fairview  2. new 131 Main at Fairview Center  3. 4. 5. Liberty Southpark new massive seniors housing complex 

6. KJ's favorite McDonalds not the newest but love it at 2 stories  7. Hilton Garden Inn Homewood Suites I like this I know some of you dont but love the brick.    8. Capitol Towers  9. new apartments at Morrison  the INspire apartments. 

I love that McD's too.  Does it still have the piano?  Another one of my favorites, Harpers, is also in your photos.

Edited by SydneyCarton

Deedee Harris sold her office building at 6400 Fairview a mostly vacant I think, 1960s office building to Novant.  Lets hope with the $17.9 million received something gets going on the wetland park site at Park Rd and Gleneagles that has been an open pit for a decade.  http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/development/article210620594.html#emlnl=Business_Newsletter

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Deedee Harris sold her office building at 6400 Fairview a mostly vacant I think, 1960s office building to Novant.  Lets hope with the $17.9 million received something gets going on the wetland park site at Park Rd and Gleneagles that has been an open pit for a decade.  http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/development/article210620594.html#emlnl=Business_Newsletter

I just read that article.   Hopefully, our favorite McDonald's will get a better neighbor than the piece of junk that's there now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2018 at 8:19 PM, KJHburg said:

Couple of photos from around the SouthPark area today.   1. new townhomes along Woodlawn by CalAtlantic 2. Capitol Tower North now heavily leased 3. skyline from SouthPark  4. Capitol Towers front 5.  formerly Crescent apartments now LaVie (I agree the apartments do look better in this area) 6. one last photo of Capitol Towers

IMG_9104.JPG

THIS is an amazing angle!

• Like 4

A couple of pics from my lunchtime walk:

1) Construction progress on what I believe is the AC Hotel announced 2 years ago or so.

2) Rendering/Reminder of what the AC Hotel was supposed to look like when announced

3) Construction progress on Richardson's new office.

Marriot.jpg.1d6901f10b17eac84a04a56b0e5709f6.jpg

1616520137_ACHotel.jpg.c6aca1b15b8b5a8c8bf462bcaa2ddd17.jpg

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/development/article91765732.html

Richardson.jpg.166c1c16572b333be67b0e47cf75b544.jpg

• Like 2