SouthPark neighborhood Projects

A2

Two twelve story buildings, yes! This means they wont be stick built. Honestly I think the standard outside of Uptown should be >5 floors if we want to develop any sort of density, any sort of single family construction should be town homes (would that make them multifamily? They didn't teach me that in school) and freestanding homes should be either banned, or highly discouraged.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Saw this sign today.  Looks like rendering changed.  To my eye, it looks shorter, with cheaper materials than originally planned.

Note:  the "open during construction" is related to existing Marriott hotel next to construction site.

249508925_ACHotelUpdate.jpg.1f956ca5202d97f6a11200a434d3809a.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

New Canopy by Hilton 150 room hotel will join Southpark area at 6010 Fairview next to the new under construction Liberty's The Barclay at Southpark a large assisted living and senior apartment tower.   So 2 new hotels underway in SouthPark the AC by Marriott on Rexford Rd and now this one. 

Subscriber article https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/07/30/first-canopy-hotel-for-charlotte-pegged-for.html?ana=e_du_prem&s=article_du&ed=2018-07-30&u=oAaDx%2B74FoP4qOJ%2By4AU6dhJPpc&t=1532987361&j=82990051

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey the Business Insider article referenced by @ricky_davis_fan_21 fan mentioned a July 2018 start for The Colony redevelopment.  I seem to recall it being delayed, but don't remember details.  Does anyone else know when it will get started?  Hopefully they aren't waiting for Apex SouthPark to be built out and filled up first.

Here is CBJ article mentioning The Colony redevelopment.

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2017/03/22/whats-the-status-on-southpark-new-construction.html

1 hour ago, J-Rob said:

Hey the Business Insider article referenced by @ricky_davis_fan_21 fan mentioned a July 2018 start for The Colony redevelopment.  I seem to recall it being delayed, but don't remember details.  Does anyone else know when it will get started?  Hopefully they aren't waiting for Apex SouthPark to be built out and filled up first.

Here is CBJ article mentioning The Colony redevelopment.

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2017/03/22/whats-the-status-on-southpark-new-construction.html

I was renting in the Colony last fall and according to the leasing agents, they heard it was pushed back to Summer 2019 at the earliest and were still doing year leases in November 2017.  I am no longer in there so I haven't heard if they are still doing year leases this summer or not.  

• Like 1