SouthPark neighborhood Projects

A2

^^ Great shots KJ.  There certainly is a lot of development going on in Southpark right now.  I am increasingly worried about how bad traffic in Southpark will be in the next 2-3 years when all of this development fills out.  No mass transit, no close highway access, and a really unfriendly environment for pedestrians and bikers sounds like a disaster of cars to me.  Has the city ever floated ideas of light rail or streetcar out to this area?  I always have thought that a light rail spur that is able to hit Montford and Southpark would be awesome for both areas. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

CharlotteStories might be Sweet Honey Iced Tea but I love this building.  According to the Business Journal they are not sure yet if they will start it on spec.  But I know they are pitching it to many.

Here are those renderings and a few more from the Rezoning request that was approved.

http://ww.charmeck.org/Planning/Rezoning/2018/096-112/2018-106 site plan 3rd rev.pdf

• Like 4

Man you are going to get the wrath of RDF after posting something from Charlotte stories. [emoji23] I don’t think I have seen that second rendering though. I hope they find a tenant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[emoji2959]

There’s good journalists out there guys. Support them, give them your clicks. Charlotte stories is mierda

I forgot that's the group that you don't like.  They show up on my FB feed.

Haha it’s not just me. They regularly share very incorrect info. I don’t like them because they have 0 integrity.

On 1/23/2019 at 9:56 PM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Haha it’s not just me. They regularly share very incorrect info. I don’t like them because they have 0 integrity.

Any post on r/Charlotte about a Charlotte stories article generates an automated warning post about their crappy reporting. It's hilarious

On 1/23/2019 at 9:54 PM, SydneyCarton said:

I forgot that's the group that you don't like.  They show up on my FB feed.

damn I got a downvote for trying to keep people from reading fake news? I'd expect that from my dad, keeping him from reading Breitbart, but not on UP. 

Edited by Guest

6 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

damn I got a downvote for trying to keep people from reading fake news? I'd expect that from my dad, keeping him from reading Breitbart, but not on UP. 

Don't worry, I cancelled it out with an up vote/like!

Edited by jtmonk
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Considering that you're one of the top members of this forum, I can't imagine anyone would give you a downvote.

lol you gave me the downvote

image.png.eb43b1dcf8caff4462535b2a72081853.png

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

That wasn't intentional.  I didn't even know that a downvote is optional.  The only icons I see are a like, a trophy, and a laughing face.

you are forgiven :-)

On 1/25/2019 at 5:38 PM, SydneyCarton said:

That wasn't intentional.  I didn't even know that a downvote is optional.  The only icons I see are a like, a trophy, and a laughing face.

I'm just curious (I do like web development), but what software do you use to see this forum? .. Chrome, Edge, Tapatalk..... on your phone, tablet or pc?

I can see all the Like options since a couple of years ago or so. The size of your screen, specially small ones, can hide some features that the developer think aren't necessary on a small screen.

Sorry for the Off-Topic.

• Like 1