SouthPark neighborhood Projects

A2

Believe me that is enough height and density for the SouthPark area.  lThere is no real way to increase road capacity in the area or bring light rail or anything else into that area.  Lets keep high rises more to transit accessible corridors which there is plenty of land available.  

• Like 3

I could see 20 stories in places....nothing any higher.   SouthPark needs to almost become a self contained area to keep from being a commuter stop mid way between Ballantyne  and downtown.   There is a lot of re-development that can occur in addition to re-working the brick offices across from Phillips Place. 

The recent steps to create better pedestrian crossings and the SouthPark loop will definitely help make Sotuhpark more community oriented....but it is a beginning.  And, I see a lot more pedestrians out walking, especially around the new hotels.  Oak, Dogwood, Starbucks and others are benefitting from the new hotel if the number of people crossing Sharon is a guide.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, InSouthPark said:

Is it me or does the article make it sound like WF might be moving out in 2020?  

Fixed that for you. 

But in all seriousness, he is already making great progress on his project at Fairview and Providence.    And after 5 years of construction, his SouthPark personal home is almost done.

Wells Fargo is moving out of the building. Main reason they sold it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Funny thing about these SouthPark projects they really deserve their own threads as they are bigger than most.  

First up Liberty's SouthPark mixed use development and this project is called Barclay at SouthPark .  Canopy by Hilton Hotel and mid rise senior apartments.  Behind 6100 Fairview.  

https://www.barclayatsouthpark.com/

IMG_2383.JPG

RIP Architecture

"Come live at Barclay At SouthPark where our walls are as interesting, as your life has become in your advanced age."

Edited by Guest