SouthPark neighborhood Projects

A2

2 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

I'm really confused, what changed at Phillips Place? It looks the same to me.

the paint color is now whiter and making it looked cleaner in my opinion.    Last photo of mine shows the newer color and some of the others show the more yellowish color.  There will be some shuffling of tenants especially when RH moves into their mega store and that leaves their existing store next to PF Changs open to a new tenant.  

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

^^ I drove by the Capitol Towers 3 site and while it is fenced nothing it going on.  But this in Lincoln Harris and they have been known to start something without any big announcement for sure.  

I can confirm....since the fencing went up a few months ago, there has been zero activity around it.  

• Like 3

On 11/22/2019 at 9:29 AM, NCMike1990 said:

Some new aerials from Clear Sky of SouthPark, more specifically the Allure Apartments (5720 Carnegie).

Really wish the Capitol Towers 3 would start soon. Doesn't look like there is any activity on site.

https://photos.clearskyimages.com/2019-11-5720-carnegie-charlotte-nc-hli

Screenshot (197).png

I know that I'm in the minority here, but I'd really like to see the mall come down and be replaced with a walkable, outside shopping center.

Edited by SydneyCarton

SouthPark is spectacular and getting better.   In my opinion, Buckhead is much nicer than downtown Atlanta.   Similarly, I could see Southpark eventually becoming the most exciting place to be in Charlotte.

You forgot the blue text.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 11/28/2019 at 7:38 PM, SydneyCarton said:

SouthPark is spectacular and getting better.   In my opinion, Buckhead is much nicer than downtown Atlanta.   Similarly, I could see Southpark eventually becoming the most exciting place to be in Charlotte.

This can only be possible with an extension of the  light rail to this area. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kickazzz2000 said:

It’s already there. 

In random conversations with owners of two different businesses in Chapel Hill this week, they both stated that they’re opening  new branches— not in Durham or Raleigh or Uptown Charlotte — but in South End.   It’s clearly becoming the place to be.

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, CLT_sc said:

South End is definitely attracting a lot of retail and will continue to do so.  It has a cool vibe, good street presence and demographics that are good and getting better. Proximity to the downtown core is a big plus, a lot of people visiting CLT comment about SouthEnd.  SouthPark is just a different market.  It is mature, has really strong demographics and tremendous name recognition.  Simon will most likely remake parts of the mall, I hope they build street level shops (and apartments) along Sharon and hide the deck more.  And, SouthPark will get more dense projects as land values go higher.  New retail will continue to come into SouthPark.  CLT is really lucky to have multiple areas like this that are thriving.

I agree.

SouthPark Mall is one of the top performing malls in the country based on sales per square I would not look for any changes in the foreseeable future other than some reshuffling of tenants as they come and go (but mostly they stay) .  Every city has at least one AAA mall and this is ours.    Houston has the Galleria,  Dallas has NorthPark, DC has Tysons,  Philly has King of Prussia and this is our AAA mall. 

I would look for redevelopment at Carolina Place Mall first.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

SouthPark Mall is one of the top performing malls in the country based on sales per square I would not look for any changes in the foreseeable future other than some reshuffling of tenants as they come and go (but mostly they stay) .  Every city has at least one AAA mall and this is ours.    Houston has the Galleria,  Dallas has NorthPark, DC has Tysons,  Philly has King of Prussia and this is our AAA mall. 

I would love to see Simon build something similar to The Residence on the parking deck fronting Sharon and maybe Fairview.  Seeing street level restaurants and shops along that stretch would be a huge improvement over the empty (for 11 months) parking deck.  Belk may not like being covered, so that may be an issue.  However, for the area, this would look so much better.  

SouthPark will definitely remain a top mall, I can just see Simon making improvements to make the property work better.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

I’ve always thought that Carolina Place was kind of a dump.  I’d like to see it replaced with a huge Birkdale-style complex with retail, apartments, hotels, and some new schools.

• Like 1