SouthPark neighborhood Projects

A2

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I should’ve added that I know these stores won’t work out based off of today’s retail climate. If it were 15 years ago I’d say the Colony Redevelopment would undoubtedly be  a perfect candidate for them.

20 hours ago, Cadi40 said:

This is one of the most anticipated projects in the Charlotte area for me personally. It’s almost like they’re building another mall with that amount of retail. I’d hope the reimagined Ballantyne turns out similarly.

I don't think it's going to feel like that though. If you take the average size for both Publix and Lifetime you have around 150,000 to 160,000 square feet. I believe the article said 280,000 included in the project. So roughly 120,000 left after the two anchors. A sizeable amount but I'm not expecting a whole lot of depth added to Charlotte's shopping portfolio here. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, InSouthPark said:

^^ Its amazing how big the property is.  I lived in there for a few months but you don't fully grasp the full size of the property.   I think these two projects on Sharon are really going to start to transform Southpark.  

I'd like to see the developer acquire the adjacent Walgreens and the shopping plaza on Morrison with Roosters and really transform this area.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CLT> said:

Not to mention they got the city to agree  not to connect through the mid block 'street' next to Wendy's/Capishe to Colony Road as a condition of the rezoning.

Dang I know that passed (but remember them pushing for it). 

Certainly don't want all those people with easy access to there dumpy stores.   Hope the Publix drives the Walgreens out of business.  I am sure the Garden Secrets is a front for something.  Never seen a car there.  The sign has been falling over for years.  The awnings and lettering are so  faded you can barely read the names.   The "food court" thing has about  10 dedicated parking spots so it always looks empty compared to the number of seats.  Only thing keeping it going are the construction workers IMO.   /rant

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Now that is the finest Wendys in the Carolinas on Morrison Blvd there.    As for the other businesses including the Garden Secrets I am sure Dee Dee Harris is going to redevelop this as quick as she did with the site  at Gleneagles and Park Road.    Maybe another wetland park.  

Dee dee's other hole.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, KJHburg said:

here is the site plan on the new Dominion Partners apartment tower proposed on my old 5/3 Bank branch on Fairview.

https://charlottenc.gov/planning/Rezoning/RezoningPetitions/2020Petitions/Documents/017-032/2020_024_SitePlan_2020_1_24.pdf

This would give  a nice boost to making that stretch a little more pedestrian friendly.   That side of the road from Sharon to Barclays is trash 3' sidewalks right on Fairview.  Of course I doubt the section in front of the gas station ever gets re-done (and that is probably the worst of the whole stretch). 

• Like 1