Jump to content

A2

SouthPark neighborhood Projects

Recommended Posts


Guest
53 minutes ago, queencityclt said:

Canopy SouthPark. I hear they will open mid June. 

"Canopy by Hilton Charlotte SouthPark, designed by Wilson Associates, is slated to open in spring 2020 in the North Carolina city's SouthPark neighborhood.

For the 150-room hotel, Wilson Associates’ New York studio drew design inspiration from a Southern home with English origins.

The lobby will have layered textures and a white-washed color palette for a fresh, clean and casual atmosphere, similar to traditional Southern residences."

https://www.hotelmanagement.net/development/canopy-by-hilton-charlotte-southpark-eyes-2020-opening

 

Also - this seems to be the hotels restaurant. https://www.charlotteagenda.com/196917/fine-fettle-restaurant-to-open-in-the-new-canopy-by-hilton-southpark-in-april/

 

image.thumb.png.e2dfd19069a330909855629b22906d6f.png

image.thumb.png.55c65b4c18b67c2f09b072a758961d99.png

image.thumb.png.6720e0631aae9b8a0867c5a1d31883af.png

image.thumb.png.b0036bca211a59714a0a4b284db8a8b7.png

 

image.thumb.png.55d802935ecca1a86fb37c99d02c11fb.png

image.thumb.png.f751f51406237b466d2a3ed9fc4466e5.png

 

 

 

image.png

Holy crap did we just get a press release on Urban Planet? If so who can I tag on Twitter for reposting these pix?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I agree.   The whole intersection of Sharon and Fairview is a mess.   The gas stations and the BK belonged in that area in 1980.  They don't belong there in 2020.  Those businesses should be replaced with brick and limestone buildings with very high-end condos and very high-end office space.

Yes please, though for many (me) those are the closest gas stations by a longshot. I would like to see more high quality gas/convenience in South Charlotte like the one on Carmel to offset this loss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

I agree.   The whole intersection of Sharon and Fairview is a mess.   The gas stations and the BK belonged in that area in 1980.  They don't belong there in 2020.  Those businesses should be replaced with brick and limestone buildings with very high-end condos and very high-end office space.

That BK is owned by BK Corporate and isn't a franchise so likely not going anywhere. It also stays busy for  the 6mo of  the year they're not renovating it.... Honestly I'd love to know the total amount of $$ sunk into that location on renovations.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MothBeast said:

I have always hated that Burger King. Second only to the "Pit" at Park/Gleneagles

I think that one closed a while back 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

^ still owned by Harris Land.

Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 11.03.47 PM.png

Wasn’t a Saks supposed to go there?  I can’t believe that this parcel is still in limbo. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There should be a Charlotte Development Wall of Shame somewhere with play-dough busts of all the developers that talk a big game but get nothing done (or build pies of crap)

I nominate Dee Dee and Daniel for the first class.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Cadi40 said:

Obviously there’s not a Saks still planned at this location?

Good God no.  Even back then the entire plan was wing-and-a-prayer at best.  I remember vague water color renderings and not much else.  It seemed like DeeDee was trying to hype this thing into existence, putting out statements in the O and Biz Journal.  There were some loose connections/convos with Saks and Ritz, but I never got the feeling it was anything other than a maybe.  I mean,  the Ritz did let her use their logo and signage on the temporary fence so who knows?  It may have been letters-of-intent type agreements but when this whole thing just sat and sputtered I think they just said to hell with this nonsense and walked.  This was all discussed on this board at length back when this was all happening.   Everyone took this with a full shaker of salt. 

Edited by turbocraig
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

here is the proposal as of now straight from their website

Quail Hollow Village, Charlotte

A village unlike any other.

villageCircle.png
With its Mizner-style architure and its dazzling gardens and fountains, you may think you are in a quaint Mediterranean village; however, this is the home of The Residences at Quail Hollow, Charlotte. Located at the corner of Gleneagles and Park Road, the Village will also feature a world-class wellness center, a salon and spa, a banking center, a complete pharmacy, Garden Secrets/Deesign Unlimited, Noble's Five-star dining and friendly cafes.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, turbocraig said:

Whaddya know!  The watercolor... that should be on the wall of a mediocre Italian restaurant.  
 

“You may think you are in a quaint Mediterranean village... then again, maybe you won’t.  Let’s find out together!  At Quail Hollow Village.”

Now don't be negative I have heard they have landed an Olive Garden  you know from Italy and a great seafood place Aragosta Rossa.  Buon Cibo! 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, KJHburg said:

here is the proposal as of now straight from their website

Quail Hollow Village, Charlotte

A village unlike any other.

villageCircle.png
With its Mizner-style architure and its dazzling gardens and fountains, you may think you are in a quaint Mediterranean village; however, this is the home of The Residences at Quail Hollow, Charlotte. Located at the corner of Gleneagles and Park Road, the Village will also feature a world-class wellness center, a salon and spa, a banking center, a complete pharmacy, Garden Secrets/Deesign Unlimited, Noble's Five-star dining and friendly cafes.

Wasn't that the architecture shown in their original proposal before the 2008 crash?  I'd like to see architecture like that.   It's simply crazy that this very prime property remains undeveloped.  I think that very high-end condos, a very fancy hotel, and boutique stores/upscale restaurants could do well there.  Is anyone familiar with the Umpstead Hotel in Cary?  It's absolutely gorgeous.  Something like that in this location would be really nice.

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Wasn't that the architecture shown in their original proposal before the 2008 crash?  I'd like to see architecture like that.   It's simply crazy that this very prime property remains undeveloped.  I think that very high-end condos, a very fancy hotel, and boutique stores/upscale restaurants could do well there.  Is anyone familiar with the Umpstead Hotel in Cary?  It's absolutely gorgeous.  Something like that in this location would be really nice.

The Umstead was fully funded by the founder of SAS's wife, and is located on their property. It is only successful because it's a pet project for the richest family in NC. That being said, it is super successful. But its location leaves a lot to be desired. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.