SouthPark neighborhood Projects

A2

William B. Umstead was governor in 1953-54. He is, I believe, the last governor to die in office.

From the North Carolina History Project:

After battling bad health throughout his administration, Umstead died from congestive heart failure.   Two days after giving his “better tomorrow” speech, Umstead suffered a heart attack and was hospitalized for nearly four months.  Once returning to the Executive Mansion, Umstead conducted meetings with government leaders while bed-ridden.  His dedication to his gubernatorial work no doubt contributed to his sickliness and lack of recovery.   Two more times, Umstead was hospitalized during his short administration. On November 4, he died.  He was buried in Durham County.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/19/2020 at 7:23 AM, turbocraig said:

Not only a Saks, but also a Ritz-Carlton Residences.  I remember going to one of the early Wachovia Championships and they had installed fencing that had the Ritz lion head logo all over it for publicity.   Big time stuff.  :dontknow:

They actually built one of the model Ritz residences and tore it down a few years later when the Ritz pulled out.  It was right inside the fence on Gleneagles. 

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Maybe we can turn it one of these like outside of Savannah called the Big Nasty ATV park where mudbogging is allowed and encourged.  This hole is filled to the brim with muddy water lets capitalize on it.

All the millionaires in Quail Hollow are sure to enjoy a muddy ATV park in their backyards!

Edited by nicholas
  • Haha 3

51 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

well in all seriousness they have a deep mud hole filled with mosquitos and noisy  Canadian geese with weeds as tall as trees.  I can't believe anyone would buy a lot backing up to that pit. 

Not only buy, but pay 500-600k just for the lot with that horrible view, it's always confused me as well.

• Haha 1

Put in a food stand/bar and charge intrance into the hole and you could actually capitalize on that and give the neighborhood something unique. But I feel like the neighbors wouldn't appreciate it like they should like @nicholas said. HOME GROWN SOUTHERN CULTURE PEOPLE!

Edited by Nick2
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

Marketing brochure for the newly repainted and renovated Phillips Place.  My friend got to go into the new RH store and he said it is beautiful inside.  Plus it has a new rooftop restaurant.

Seems they have some vacant spaces probably did not renew some of the leases  to change up the retail mix there.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Marketing brochure for the newly repainted and renovated Phillips Place.  My friend got to go into the new RH store and he said it is beautiful inside.  Plus it has a new rooftop restaurant.

Seems they have some vacant spaces probably did not renew some of the leases  to change up the retail mix there.

I've heard the RH restaurants in other cities are actually really good.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...