SouthPark neighborhood Projects

A2

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, j-man said:

SouthPark truly  get apartment buildings right! They are designed well with beautifully combined  exterior materials. Somebody please give the developers of SouthEnd apartments the memo because it’s like cheap and cookie cutter on that side of town while SouthPark residential buildings all have a very sophisticated look to them. 

Its hope it's not just too early yet.  But at least the ones with prominent locations do look good.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, InSouthPark said:

Its hope it's not just too early yet.  But at least the ones with prominent locations do look good.  

Ok yeah I can agree on that. It’s iust the ones in SouthEnd that are all clumped up together just look very tacky and cheap at times. I would love if there was more variety in Brick colors like this one and not 8 different colors and materials just thrown together. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, j-man said:

Ok yeah I can agree on that. It’s iust the ones in SouthEnd that are all clumped up together just look very tacky and cheap at times. I would love if there was more variety in Brick colors like this one and not 8 different colors and materials just thrown together. 

Brick is a lot more expensive than paneling for finishes. The apartments in SouthEnd were some of the first new developments going along the lightrail and it took time before the more expensive developments came through. Can't believe how much money they are pulling in with stick apartments bringing $2k a unit for 2 br

4 hours ago, JHart said:

Brick is a lot more expensive than paneling for finishes. The apartments in SouthEnd were some of the first new developments going along the lightrail and it took time before the more expensive developments came through. Can't believe how much money they are pulling in with stick apartments bringing $2k a unit for 2 br

Yeah I know material costs vary but it’s not that hard to make these basic built apartments look somewhat better. Like even the colors of the panels and wood could be better. Like take Cocoa cola site apartments. They just recently finished and it’s one of the cheapest looking ones of them all. It just looks elementary. And you’re right. The amount of money that they make off of each unit is more than enough to at least consider making the apartments attractive. But hey, that’s capitalism for ya . 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/15/2020 at 7:54 PM, KJHburg said:

Apex at Southpark is one great project.  I hope CK could use this expertise with other church owned properties like the 300 block of West Trade owned by First Presbyterian. 

Hyatt Centric, the church, the apartments, the retail on the ground 

IMG_4890.JPG

Is this type of redevelopment a 'thing' that is happening throughout the country with church's and their property? The church must have made a lot of money with this project.

45 minutes ago, t_money said:

Is this type of redevelopment a 'thing' that is happening throughout the country with church's and their property? The church must have made a lot of money with this project.

Yes some churches have a large properties especially in urban areas and projects like this are increasing in the country.  This situation here basically is the church gets a new building for its use and rest of the property is now on tax rolls.  Not sure about money made I think it is more the new building. 

• Like 1