SouthPark neighborhood Projects

A2

• 2 weeks later...

On 2/6/2021 at 9:02 PM, KJHburg said:

saw this old ad on Facebook advertising the BRAND new homes of Beverly Woods.  this neighborhood started at $19,000 back then in the 1960s. 

These are selling from $375,000 to over $600K today!   Just checked.  One like the "Tara" model featured just sold for $577,000 for real.  Owning real estate has always been a good LONG term  investment.

I wouldn't have thought that there were any houses in BW for under $500k, including tear downs.  It has become a very desirable area.

• Like 2

On 3/18/2021 at 10:45 PM, HighRiseHillbilly said:

Is this the first/only place in SouthPark with lights? 

Screenshot_20210318-223821_Chrome.jpg

I believe that the Capital Towers Office Buildings are also Lighted out there in SouthPark.  I do believe that SouthPark and Ballantyne will both be Submarkets in Charlotte lit up with Accent Lighting on their tall structures soon, similar to Uptown and SouthEnd.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here is the Biz Journal story on the new tower at Phillips Place.  I am afraid many movie theaters will be closing if not already from coast to coast.  In Raleigh one is being knocked down for apartments dittos in San Antonio.   There will be movie theaters around CLT but a lot less of them in the future. 

Lincoln Harris plans office tower at SouthPark's Phillips Place - Charlotte Business Journal (bizjournals.com)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Here is the Biz Journal story on the new tower at Phillips Place.  I am afraid many movie theaters will be closing if not already from coast to coast.  In Raleigh one is being knocked down for apartments dittos in San Antonio.   There will be movie theaters around CLT but a lot less of them in the future. 

Lincoln Harris plans office tower at SouthPark's Phillips Place - Charlotte Business Journal (bizjournals.com)

That’s a shame.   I used to go there and to Stonecrest.  That was a nice theater.

Edited by SydneyCarton

I think that leaves Park Terrace as the only remotely central theater left in Charlotte. All the others are scattered along 485. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Regal Starlight up in University closed - when I drove past there a few weeks ago I actually thought it had already been closed and abandoned it looked so bad.  

30 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

I think that leaves Park Terrace as the only remotely central theater left in Charlotte. All the others are scattered along 485. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Regal Starlight up in University closed - when I drove past there a few weeks ago I actually thought it had already been closed and abandoned it looked so bad.  

I thought so too as I go to that QuikTrip in front but it has reopened but I think Charlotte in a few years will lose half the open screens today.   Covid, other entertainment choices, and bad product from Hollywood all contribute to this.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tozmervo said:

Cinemark Movie Bistro off Monroe could qualify, no?

Or were you considering this one already as “along 485”?

2 hours ago, WCUP said:

Cinemark Movie Bistro off Monroe could qualify, no?

Or were you considering this one already as “along 485”?

I actually didn't know that theater existed - I'd be hard pressed to describe that as central, but it's not exactly along 485 either.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, j-man said:

When they say tower. How large are we talking? I wish SouthPark could get major towers and not just mid rise to give Charlotte a second Skyline like Houston/Atlanta 

10 stories is what LH is proposing at Phillips Place.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

On 5/25/2021 at 7:59 AM, Blue_Devil said:

I think with SouthEnd and Midtown densifying one thicc skyline will set us apart. I don't want to be anything like Atlanta. 

Trust me I don’t want Charlotte to be like Atlanta either but SouthPark is like another city and a central downtown SouthPark that’s walkable would be nice. In fact I hate Atlanta. It’s long skyline isn’t impressive to me like how Charlotte is but I like the fact that they have multiple dense areas that’s all. As well as Houston. Charlotte to me is better than both of them for a number of reasons. 

• Like 4

One of my friend mentioned this but I did not know if public.  the entire Trianon condo complex is for sale in Southpark (I know their HOA fees are very high)  Highest and best due by June 25! 

evidently according to my sources they have an offer on the table seeing if anyone tops that one and then a vote by 80% of the owners to make it happen. 

Trianon Condominiums - The Nichols Company

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1