SouthPark neighborhood Projects

A2

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think the red circle is Jerry Richardson's personal family office that he built when he was forced to sell the Panthers. I always thought it was odd sitting next to the Rexford office buildings, but now it will really look odd. It is an immaculate brick office building, but it looks more like a personal residence (complete with three car garage out back) that you would find around the corner in one of the residential neighborhoods.

Richardson.PNG.253b0ffeffbb2484eaa8142477716b6a.PNG

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, J-Rob said:

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think the red circle is Jerry Richardson's personal family office that he built when he was forced to sell the Panthers. I always thought it was odd sitting next to the Rexford office buildings, but now it will really look odd. It is an immaculate brick office building, but it looks more like a personal residence (complete with three car garage out back) that you would find around the corner in one of the residential neighborhoods.

Richardson.PNG.253b0ffeffbb2484eaa8142477716b6a.PNG

Yep that is his: https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/04/12/sources-jerry-richardson-is-owner-of-office.html

Gotta make sure the Bently isn't parked in the sun while he goes in to count his billions.   I also find it funny Jerry isn't even listed as a billionaire under countless articles about NC richest people (nor is Ric Elias who owns 20% of Red Ventures which is valued at over 11bil).  Uh...did Jerry blow a billion or something on hookers and blow?  Because I am pretty sure his portfolio is over a billion and he doesn't have permanent residence in FL.

Edited by InSouthPark

6 hours ago, InSouthPark said:

Yep that is his: https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/04/12/sources-jerry-richardson-is-owner-of-office.html

Gotta make sure the Bently isn't parked in the sun while he goes in to count his billions.   I also find it funny Jerry isn't even listed as a billionaire under countless articles about NC richest people (nor is Ric Elias who owns 20% of Red Ventures which is valued at over 11bil).  Uh...did Jerry blow a billion or something on hookers and blow?  Because I am pretty sure his portfolio is over a billion and he doesn't have permanent residence in FL.

Those lists are so bogus.

You have to think who is actually putting the list together. Probably some interns or fresh college grads.

Edited by joenc
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, SydneycartonII said:

Will the Related/Trianon be directly behind the Colony?  It would be nice if there are entrances to both developments on Roxborough so that pedestrians can walk from one development to the other.

Also, are there renderings of the Nucor expansion?

Nucor is just renovating that building probably not big changes on the outside.  

Related is across Roxborough Rd the short road from Morrison Blvd to Colony Rd.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Nucor is just renovating that building probably not big changes on the outside.  

Related is across Roxborough Rd the short road from Morrison Blvd to Colony Rd.  

As I recall, Trianon and Colony are separated by Roxborough.  I was stating that I hope that pedestrians will be able to walk from one development to the other.  It would be a shame if the Colony had garbage, utilities, etc. on the Roxborough side that prevented pedestrians from entering on that side from Related’s project.

There’s a lot to look forward to in SP.

Edited by SydneycartonII

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/12/2022 at 3:37 PM, tarhoosier said:

Has anyone seen homeless people in the SouthPark area? This vast empty area seems made for tenting. Also no street corner cardboard sign pleaders?

Near this Colony dev... never.

I do see a few near the Burger King / Whole Foods area. Panhandlers work that area fairly frequently. 

Edited by sclark
Clarification