Ped maps are sprouting

Veloise

Hi folks--

The second phase of the DDA wayfinding system has started to emerge. Saw my first map near the Civil War guy, and another one at the County building shrine to Old City Hall.

Will have to stop and study them, see how well I did on speccing the coordinates.

--Veloise

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is the map finding system, in anyway related to these signs that point to various parts of the city? I saw a sign as I was driving down Fulton today, that had an Arrow Pointing to the West Side, saying west side this way blah blah blah. I've seen others like it. They look like the brain child of a consulting firm the city paid, to help them make the city "more cool" by dividing it up into districts. If I were the city I would put up A giant curtain after the New Y and the GVSU campus, the west side after that is kinda icky. forgive my lack of humor. I did however find the signs a little tacky I felt like I was in an amusement park.

Archived