Ruth Chris Resturant coming to Charlotte

Tayfromcarolina

Charlotte Observer

Ruth Chris finally coming to Charlotte at SouthPark and looks to add second location uptown.

My question is how come they haven't added a second triangle location yet.

And meanwhile I still am waiting for the Triangles "Mortons Steakhouse", "McCormick & Schmicks Seafood" I think it's about time. I think Crabtree will lure a lot of these type of resturant's as they enter the next phase of Renovation in late '06, and '07. The dynamics in the Triangle certainly can support it especially with a Nordstrom, Saks retail here, and potential Neiman Marcus.

What are your thought's on this?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, Ruth's Chris used to be off of Buck Jones near Crossroads Ford, but now it's just off of Harrison Ave south of the Sam's Club. I've been to a Ruth's Chris a couple times, and while the food was certainly good and the service and atmosphere was nice, I am very glad that someone else was paying as I didn't find it to be that special, and probably wouldn't take anyone out there even if I had money to throw around.

The Angus Barn, however, is another story entirely. I'm still glad that it was someone else's treat, but I was thoroughly impressed.

Congratulations, I had no idea Charlotte never had a Ruth Chris.  Is this the first one in NC? Although I prefer the downtown location, overlooking the river, the two here, both have great steaks.  Imo, they're a lot better than Mortons.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, the Triangle area has had a Ruth's Chris for years.

just wondering, why has it taken Charlotte so long to get a RC -- how did Ral and Gso get it first?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Available space at the right time, I guess. The Greensboro Ruth's Chris is in a fairly new building in the Green Valley Office Park near Friendly Center, pretty much smack dab in the middle of its potential market.

• 2 weeks later...

I've never even heard of Mortons or McCormick and Schmick. If I didn't live up the street from Ruth Chris I probably wouldn't even recognize that place either. I'm just so darn trendy....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You aren't missing anything. Locally owned restaurants are almost always a better place to eat. Mortons and M&S are good, but you are left wondering what the big deal is...

I typically agree that chain steakhouses don't quite live up to their reputation, but I just ate at The Palm a couple of weeks ago and it was delicious....of course I didn't pay, so that helped.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Palm is a good restaurant. None of those chains are bad exactly. But they do taste better when the food is free... :D

Archived