Favorite southbank tower?

Fruit Cove

Which is your favorite southbank tower?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite southbank tower?

• Riverplace Tower
    • One Prudential Plaza(Aetna)
    • Two Prudential Plaza(Prudential)
    • Other

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Riverplace Tower, by a landslide, for me. I can't vote for the Peninsula just based on a rendering, but it should be a very nice addition to the Southbank and Jacksonville skylines.

I wish that Rplace Tower didn't have that big garage next to it, but I guess the parking has to go somewhere.

I definitely picked Riverplace Tower. Like I said in another thread, I practically grew up in my mom's office there, lol. And my little bro went to daycare on the first floor. That's a tight pre-k, they have riverfront views!

I'd love to see the owners of that building carve out some retail spaces on the first floor of that garage. A waterfront restaurant could face the Riverwalk (get rid of those nasty-@$$ public restrooms that are there now!) and a shop/cafe could face Riverplace Blvd. If only....

i have to go with the One Prudential (Aetna) building. this is the 50th anniversary of the building and i think that it is a great example of Jacksonville's version 50's modernism. you need to look no further than the stair outside... really nice. kind of like a stright laced Lapidus building.

as for the r-place tower, nice... the peninsula, i agree>>> lets see the finish product!

To me this poll is a little premature with so many projects being built, proposed or planned for the Southbank.  In my opinion a poll of this nature would be sufficient 5 to 7 years from now if the nation holds up.

FLORIDA SKYRISE ORDER

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True but i didnt feel like waiting that long to start this poll. Besides theres no point in not rating what we already have.

Aside from having the obvious height advantage going for it, I don't think the Riverplace Tower is that great looking of a building. Maybe it just seems out of place due to the lack of other highrises around it, but the design and cleanliness of the outside of the building leave a lot to be desired for me. It definitely looks better at night though.

Two Prudential for me. Cool integration into the surroundings and a nice looking building in general.

The Peninsula is going to be awesome when it's finished.

True but i didnt feel like waiting that long to start this poll.  Besides theres no point in not rating what we already have.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not to be argumentative, but we really don't have all that much to choose from at present; however, since you want us to tell which building(s) on the Southbank we like most, my favorite is the Aetna building (old Prudential). It's authentic, old school look, believe it or not, still fits in to the present contemporary setting of skyscrapers within the Jacksonville skyline. Next would be Riverplace Tower, the tallest on the Southbank. Riverplace would have been my top choice, however, I am not too crazy about it's architecture, and never have really liked the way it looks.

FLORIDA SKYRISE ORDER

To me this poll is a little premature with so many projects being built, proposed or planned for the Southbank.  In my opinion a poll of this nature would be sufficient 5 to 7 years from now if the nation holds up.

FLORIDA SKYRISE ORDER

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"if the nation holds up"??? 200 years and counting...

:)

Archived