Providence Projects v2.1

Duany-BwayBridge.jpg

This is the Broadway Bridge dressed up to become a gateway for the city and more friendly to pedestrians. The building at the right is a random rendering Duany's people did for what could be at the circular gas station site. Since then Proc. Group has released their plans.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Provair.jpg

Someone asked for something like this in one of the other forums so I thought Id put it here.  I did this in Photoshop using some photos posted on this site - so I can't take much credit other than compiling them all together.

This includes the proposed Westin Addition, the Gtech Headquarters, and the proposed Parcel 2 buildings at Waterplace park.

Later I might fire up 3ds and Autocad and polish this up a bit with buildings that fit the perspective... for now Im at the mercy of the photos available.  I also want to put some row houses or something along the river near the Amtrak line.  Anyone know whats going up there?  And anyone know about that parking lot downtown across from the Eastside?  Id love to plug that up.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great job!

You are right, once put to scale the GTech building will get smaller, the Waterplace Condos larger, and the One Ten will get taller if they do what they told me (add 3 floors and a lighted tower for "well over 400'). Actually, the Westin is slated to go from 356' to 380' now.

The Parcel along the river is set for 5-7 floor condo/apt type low rises.

Those lots (on Memorial) and those damn Citizens Plaza lots need to be the next things developed. I hate how such a nice building (Citizens Plaza) has a huge parking lot as its background. And something needs to un-isolate Avalon-I don't mind the building itself but it just seems like a huge apartment island in the middle of nowhere from the south side.

• 2 weeks later...

Great...my first attempt at posting a message and I messed up twice... so much for making a first good impression...LOL. Sorry about that folks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ha ha, you're not the first one.

To add your own reply, click the t_reply.gif button at the top or bottom of the page.

If you click the p_quote.gif button under a post, that post will be added to your reply as a quote. This is used if you want to refer to what someone said earlier, and include their comments in your post.

If you want to quote several different posters comments, click the p_mq_remove.gif button under each post you want to quote, then click the t_reply.gif button. It will add each post you selected to your post for comment.

I have this whole tutorial typed up in another thread, and I was trying to find that tutorial while I was watching you blunder through trying to post last night, but I couldn't find it, so I just left you to suffer. :lol:

You can see what were typing when were posting???????

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Of course I can. :whistling:

Ok, no, I can't actually see what you are typing, but I can see what threads people are in and if they are in the process of posting or not (I'm not sure if regular members can see that or not).

I've done some updates to the first page of this thread. There's still more additions to make, but it's a bit more put together than it was.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great job! After some thinking, additions of projects (that I don't think are dead) would include Greene St condos and the Intercontinental hotel.

- Garris

how many of the proposed projects are still up in the air, and how many are just waiting for groundbreaking day?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good question. I was wondering the same thing. Of the "proposed" projects, here's how I broke it down. I invite others to feel free to reorder this:

VERY solid and awaiting groundbreaking:

---------------------------------------------------------

333 Atwells Avenue (Rialto Site)

Dunkin Donuts Center Renovations

One Ten Westminster

Providence Community Health Center

Waterford Residences (Westin 2nd Tower)

SOMEWHAT solid and likely to groundbreak:

Brown University {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} Sidney E. Frank Hall (this isn't happening for a while)

Charles Street hotel

Fox Point Bath House library proposal

Johnson & Wales Harborside Campus

Katherine Gibbs School Condos

Power Block {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} Hilton Hotel & Residences

RISD {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} Chase Center (this isn't happening for a while)

Saki's Apartments

Up in the air:

-----------------

Conley Wharf

Fogarty Building Hotel

LaSalle Square Improvements

Olneyville Riverside

Power Block 55 Broadway (Paolino Site)

Power Block Atwells Parcel

WBNA 1577 Westminster St. housing

Who the hell knows:

----------------------------

200 Dyer Street

AS220 Dreyfuss Hotel Building

Greene St/Churchill Banks

Imperial Place

Heritage Harbor/Mixed Use

Providence Fruit & Produce Warehouse

Richmond Square mixed-use

I don't know enough about this:

-------------------------------------

Williams-Woods Place {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} South Providence

Emmett Square Improvements

6/10 Interchange Project

Good question.  I was wondering the same thing.  Of the "proposed" projects, here's how I broke it down.  I invite others to feel free to reorder this:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was going to do this, glad you did it:

VERY solid and awaiting groundbreaking:

333 Atwells Avenue (Rialto Site) They have a sales office set up on Atwells

Dunkin Donuts Center Renovations

One Ten Westminster

Providence Community Health Center

Waterford Residences (Westin 2nd Tower)

SOMEWHAT solid and likely to groundbreak:

Brown University {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} Sidney E. Frank Hall (this isn't happening for a while)

Charles Street hotel

Fox Point Bath House library proposal

Johnson & Wales Harborside Campus

Katherine Gibbs School Condos

Power Block {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} Hilton Hotel & Residences

RISD {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} Chase Center (this isn't happening for a while) The official word is still 2006 ground-breaking, though I have no idea where the money is coming from

Saki's Apartments

Up in the air:

-----------------

Conley Wharf Deller (I believe) said that moving the RIPTA ferry was happening this year, and the arts space seems to be in progress. The rest of the grand plans... who knows?

Fogarty Building Hotel

LaSalle Square Improvements I saw surveyors in LaSalle Square this morning

Olneyville Riverside

Power Block 55 Broadway (Paolino Site)

Power Block Atwells Parcel

WBNA 1577 Westminster St. housing

Who the hell knows:

----------------------------

200 Dyer Street

AS220 Dreyfuss Hotel Building

Greene St/Churchill Banks

Imperial Place

Heritage Harbor/Mixed Use

Providence Fruit & Produce Warehouse

Richmond Square mixed-use

I don't know enough about this:

-------------------------------------

Williams-Woods Place {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} South Providence

Emmett Square Improvements

6/10 Interchange Project This will happen, they just need to decide on which scheme to go forward with