Bristol West End getting underway

it's just dave

As the move in date for Bristol on Broadway looms, it looks like Bristol is ready for two more Nashville projects. This one, in the block off West End behind Rhumba, will start very soon. The one on the eastside will start soon as well. On my way to work I've noticed Metro Zoning signs announcing a hearing on landscape variances on this site. The east site is on Woodland St.

Bring it on!

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cf...s&news_id=41568

I'll look for my rendering.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like it!

Where is the one on Woodland supposed to be? That is a very "diverse" street as far as saftey goes...if it is back by some of those restaurants and shops (near 5 points) it should be fine...otherwise...

I think you'd be surprised at Woodland's future. There's already condos on it by the Edgefield Park, this project will be in the 900 block. The CODA company has purchased the BOA land across the street. The park itself is scheduled for millions in upgrades. Woodland will be fine...in time. I travel it twice a day, there are some dicey characters, but they usually wander in from Main St.

I haven't been over there in a few weeks. I'll check it out. I'm taking the bike downtown in the morning so I'll let you know what I see. I'm really anxious to see this started. The whole area is so ripe for development and the Harrison set should pull the trigger. Besides, it'll add to our crane collection and I like that.

The new Museum of African American History (or whatever it'll be eventually named) and the proposed new Tennessee State Museum would sure help anchor the area. The old Neuhoff Plant with it collection of eclectic interests and only help. Housing the Nashville Jazz Workshop, artists, and such will provide further juice to the mix. That area might be our next big area to watch.

There was an article in the Tennessean this morning about the new $5 million community center at East Park on Woodland. Seems that will get underway soon.

Archived