Carolina Place Mall

• 4 weeks later...

Apparently there was more than one gun incident at the mall.

First there was a man that shoplifted several items from the mall. Security cameras got a good video of him while he was doing it. When he left the mall he was approached by guards, and he pulled a gun and got away. Not sure if he actually fired it. Because of the video, they will most likely arrest the man.

The second incident occured when a Buick Roadmaster and a Cadillac were vieing for the same parking space. The two cars bumped and I believe one of the Roadmaster occupants got out and started firing his gun causing mayhem in the crowded parking lot. 6 shots were fired. Because of the mass confusion they got away as well. Police say they will get these people next week.

The perpetrators in both incidents were Black males in late teens early 20s.

• 5 weeks later...

I love how I started this topic nearly a year ago and the media is just now starting to report on this http://www.wcnc.com/news/topstories/storie...e.2fe73e1e.html

They won't announce the 3rd anchor for the project, but I can: 1 and 2 are Barnes & Noble and REI, 3rd is Linens N Things... :) (as previously stated in this thread)

• 1 month later...

Took a trip to CP the other day, the former Limited is being replaced by a Forever 21, and after that opens Gadzooks will close, all Gadzooks have been bought out by Forever 21.......the food court looks amazing! There has been some shuffling......McDonalds has moved where Spinnaker's was, and Mandarin Express moved over a lot to make room for the Barnes & Nobles which i dont understand why they are putting it next to the food court, but anyways..........Bath & Body Works & Lane Bryant are remodeling........I wonder what the former Casual Corner/Petite Soph, and Gadzooks lots are going to be!

Edited by Temeteron

Seems a perfect place for B&N. Food courts and bookstores are people magnets. The more people, the more interesting the scene!

I guess it wouldnt be such a bad idea.......but I wonder if the Starbucks in the B&N wont take too much business from the other location in center court....probably not

I guess it wouldnt be such a bad idea.......but I wonder if the Starbucks in the B&N wont take too much business from the other location in center court....probably not
It won't affect the center court Starbucks. Barnes & Noble's cafe is usually tucked back in the store, making it less convenient if you're not already shopping there.

I might go there once a year as an out-of-towner (If I'm going to make the drive, I prefer SouthPark) but there's nothing wrong with Carolina Place. It's got a decent layout, and though it's now a little worn around the edges, it's a very pretty mall that's getting better stores all the time. It seems to be quite popular. I've never seen it truly empty.

The main thing it lacked was that extra bit of "oomph" (for lack of a better term) to make it stand out in the marketplace. This may do it. At the very least, Pineville will get a replacement for that really ghetto Barnes & Noble at the Centrum and an REI out of it.

You know what, I was thinking about CP and how i never go there even though it's the closest mall to me... I kind of feel sorry for it and hopefully this expansion will help it out in that sense

I always have a in impression that Carolina Place is primarily visited by people in South Carolina. Obviously it gets a lot of people from within the city, but the parking lots have a significant amount of SC license plates when I go.

Personally, I try avoid the Pineville area as much as I can. The air usually has a sewage smell, and the traffic, and poor design of the whole area just grates at me. So, I'd rather shop somewhere in city limits, but we tend to go to Eastland and Southpark the most because of proximity.

I might see myself going to REI, though, on occasion, but otherwise, I don't have much need to go down there.

I never thought about it, but I wonder if SouthPark has managed to win the majority of people in Ballantyne and Providence Road neighborhoods that CP thought were primarily theirs. Not only do the stores at SP seem to match the demographic, but also a lot of people in that area commute using Providence Road, rather than 485/77, so they probably consider SP "on the way".

I'm looking forward to REI. They sell a particular type of Nalgene water bottle that I can't find anywhere else in Charlotte. Plus, I have a few REI gift certificates I need to use.

I go to Carolina Place every now and then for the Disney Store. It's the only one around unless Northlake opened one. Once my nieces outgrow their princess phase, I won't have a need to shop there anymore.

Yeah i'm excited about REI as well! I'm surprised The Disney Store didn't open at Northlake, it would have been a good complement for Build-A-Bear

I dont think they are doing as good (not the CP location but in general) as they used to....the 2 locations that were in Columbia close a few years back.....Greenville's location closed also.....come to think of it i dont even know if Charleston or Myrtle Beach have one either....

I always have a in impression that Carolina Place is primarily visited by people in South Carolina. Obviously it gets a lot of people from within the city, but the parking lots have a significant amount of SC license plates when I go.

I believe you would be correct in that assessment. It's the mall in Charlotte I frequent most.