Uptown Village

GRDadof3

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And more blight bites the dust. This corner is going to look great when it is done.

I remember a couple of years ago when the Wealthy Market opened, the paper said Bazzani was designing a new facade for the building (it really *is* an ugly building with zero character). Does anyone know whatever happened to this? I'd love to see that building a parking lot get a facelift too.

Joe

I remember a couple of years ago when the Wealthy Market opened, the paper said Bazzani was designing a new facade for the building (it really *is* an ugly building with zero character). Does anyone know whatever happened to this?

Yup, it was a simple matter of economics. They didn't want to spend any money on the building.

Figured. And it looks like they got what they paid for... ;)

That is just an awful looking place. I haven't had a chance to go inside yet, is there anything good there? Is it even worth checking out, it looks like its just a liquor store. Is there anything in the works to improve/update it?

The sad part is, they saved money keeping the building ugly, but lost money because it stayed ugly and nobody wants to go in and check it out. Had they ponied up for some real cool urban style architecture, I bet they would have foot traffic like they can now only dream about.

That is just an awful looking place. I haven't had a chance to go inside yet, is there anything good there? Is it even worth checking out, it looks like its just a liquor store. Is there anything in the works to improve/update it?

been there once. It is your classic liquor/junk food store. It is a real shame that the building was kept in the shap it's in just to save a few dollars. Once that whole intersection is complete, this buildings ugly face will only look 10X worse and will stick out like a sore thumb.

• 2 weeks later...

The building and site look great.

One comment about the site - it appears that the covered parking spaces south of the main building are about 9'x18' and the drive aisle is about 20' wide. There are columns on one side or the other of every parking space. I would recommend that you mock up that configuration in a big parking lot somewhere and verify that it works.

The columns will prevent the use of the free space in adjacent parking spaces when swinging into and out of the parking space. That will require that the car be more aligned with the space which will require a wider drive aisle. It would be a shame to loose a little green space, but....

The building and site look great.

One comment about the site - it appears that the covered parking spaces south of the main building are about 9'x18' and the drive aisle is about 20' wide. There are columns on one side or the other of every parking space. I would recommend that you mock up that configuration in a big parking lot somewhere and verify that it works.

The columns will prevent the use of the free space in adjacent parking spaces when swinging into and out of the parking space. That will require that the car be more aligned with the space which will require a wider drive aisle. It would be a shame to loose a little green space, but....

Yeah, we talked about this with the architect. There is a landscape design architect looking over the whole plan to ensure that it will all work...parking greenspace etc.

I am anxiously waiting the plans for the town homes as soon as I get them you will see them. The plans include the elevations and the floor plans.

On the Lighthouse Web Site we have the side and reart elevations for the town homes. We have made some changes to the design of the side and rear of the town homes. We have inclluded a door on the back, an awning over the rear door, and some banding to differentiate between each town home as you look at the rear of the building. We will also most likely be wrapping the brick around the side along Diamond.

On the Lighthouse Web Site we have the side and reart elevations for the town homes. We have made some changes to the design of the side and rear of the town homes. We have inclluded a door on the back, an awning over the rear door, and some banding to differentiate between each town home as you look at the rear of the building. We will also most likely be wrapping the brick around the side along Diamond.

Sorry Dave, forgot to include the rear (edit: North side facing the park and parking lot):

134954368_8466057204_o.jpg

Sorry Dave, forgot to include the rear (edit: North side facing the park and parking lot):

134954368_8466057204_o.jpg

This is the view I was speaking of. There will be wrapped banding between the units, the rear window will be a door with an wooden awning over it. The dormered area of the roof above each individual unit will have cedar shakes and cedar shakes will go in the awning above the rear door. We felt we needed to break it up a bit. Now all we have to do is pick out the colors. I was thinking hot pink or maybe chartreuse. :w00t:

Just kidding.

This is the view I was speaking of. There will be wrapped banding between the units, the rear window will be a door with an wooden awning over it. The dormered area of the roof above each individual unit will have cedar shakes and cedar shakes will go in the awning above the rear door. We felt we needed to break it up a bit. Now all we have to do is pick out the colors. I was thinking hot pink or maybe chartreuse. :w00t:

Just kidding.

I donno, the colors may give it a certain "Victorian Painted Ladies" appeal. :)

Looks good Dave! On the town homes, besides the brick, do you know what material will used?

Sorry - think you just answed my question. Cedar?

The apartment complex along Wealthy is all brick, limestone, and drive it or a similar cement board.

The condos are brick and vinyl siding. We had to save costs. We are considering a hardy board panel system. If you would like to see it in action we are using it on our Avenue Apartment project on Madison and Gilbert.

I will run down the street and snap a few photos and come back apost them. I would like some input on this.

Archived