Uptown Village

GRDadof3

Here are some photos from Avenue Apartments. These are a good example of a hardy board panel system:

post-4155-1145997926_thumb.jpg

This is just a long view of the project. All in all we are pretty pleased with it.

The rest of these are simply various shots of how it is being used.

post-4155-1145997940_thumb.jpg

post-4155-1145997951_thumb.jpg

post-4155-1145997870_thumb.jpg

post-4155-1145997911_thumb.jpg

Here are some of the architectural details we are doing with it.

post-4155-1145997870_thumb.jpg

post-4155-1145997911_thumb.jpg

post-4155-1145997926_thumb.jpg

post-4155-1145997940_thumb.jpg

post-4155-1145997951_thumb.jpg

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like them Dave :thumbsup: Without seeing them in person, I would rate them more attractive than vinyl siding. What's the maintenance on them? Do they need to be re-stained every couple of years?

It is roughly the same price as vinyl. The product comes pre-painted. I believe the finish on them lasts almost as long as vinyl, but I will check with the architect on that.

I really do not like vinyl siding in a setting and application such as the town homes.

• 1 month later...

Construction fence going up as I type this....................... :yahoo:

Yup...we are trying to secure the site. It has been a real struggle. We have been removing prostitutes and druggies on a daily basis, not to mention the dumping.

The project sign should go up in the next couple of weeks.

Tentatively we will be having a Press Conference and Ceremonial demo on Monday July 24. More on that later as we firm it up. We are working on some long time residents to press a button to drop a large wrecking ball on one of the buildings. We want the neighborhood to really celebrate the buildings coming down. Hopefully by the first week of August the site should be cleared.

There have been a few minor changes to the project, but more on that later as we get things firmed up.

Yup...we are trying to secure the site. It has been a real struggle. We have been removing prostitutes and druggies on a daily basis, not to mention the dumping.

The project sign should go up in the next couple of weeks.

Tentatively we will be having a Press Conference and Ceremonial demo on Monday July 24. More on that later as we firm it up. We are working on some long time residents to press a button to drop a large wrecking ball on one of the buildings. We want the neighborhood to really celebrate the buildings coming down. Hopefully by the first week of August the site should be cleared.

There have been a few minor changes to the project, but more on that later as we get things firmed up.

Once demo is complete, do you have a project timeline in place yet?

WOW - Great Dave! Have you signed any retail tenants or any letters of intent?

Residential tenants will not be interested until they can see something or walk through a unit. We would not expect to sign families until late spring early summer 2007.

Grubb-Ellis is working on the retail side and actually we do have a couple of leads.

We are currently looking into live-work spaces similar to the ones Dwelling Place did on Division. They have a waiting list. We will see.

• 3 weeks later...

Still on for the 24th?

Somewhat...the demo crew will start on the 24th by removing asbestos. We do not have a date yet for the "official" demo, with the neighborhood residents pushing the button and dropping the wrecking ball.

As soon as we work out the crap we are facing with the state and with our architect.

• 4 weeks later...

Someone brought up 920 Cherry so I thought I'd bump this. Just a little update, I haven't seen anything really happening around the area. :D

I have.....There has been quite a bit of traffic around there lately. People in and out of the garages all the time.

Love to see activity over there!!!

I have.....There has been quite a bit of traffic around there lately. People in and out of the garages all the time.

Love to see activity over there!!!

Yes, H&M Demolition has been working all week on the removal of Asbestos. Hopefully on Friday or Monday the large machinery will be rolling in to remove the buildings. We decided to not do anything flashy around the demo...we have been in the paper enough lately. Plus my office staff is very weary right now.

I looked at the site and floor plans shown on the developer's website. I saw many large three bedroom units. That and the private park seems to imply that this development is beng aimed at families instead of young people wanting a hip urban life style, all the rest of the condo developments are going for. If that's the case, I say that GR needs more of this type of development because the most of the young people that the other condo developments are aiming for will stick around until they merry and have kids, then they will fly out to the 'burbs to raise their new family.

Archived