Northern Virginia

• 1 month later...

There are two 30 story towers going up I Tysons. Does anyone have any pix of these?

1725 Tysons Corner will be the new tallest in Tysons Corner, if its buillt before the two 30 story twins. Here's a pic of it. Idn it purdy?

http://www.emporis.com/files/transfer/6/2001/05/105490.jpg

Edited by juancapitalcitydc

There are two 30 story towers going up I Tysons. Does anyone have any pix of these?

1725 Tysons Corner will be the new tallest in Tysons Corner, if its buillt before the two 30 story twins. Here's a pic of it. Idn it purdy?

I've seen that 1725 picture floating around on the web for several years now. But have yet to hear

a single concrete bit of news about it's being built. Just more and more speculation about

what might be once the silver line comes thru.

Still waiting to see some dirt moving.

I am thinking I may break up this thread at some point and incorporate its postings into the different threads here in the forum since most construction in the area is occuring in the burbs rather than the District itself. Any ideas or thoughts on this ?

I think that would be a good idea. As of now, developments are just kinda all over the place.

I wonder if it's occupied. Hey, we missed this whole construction, didn't we?
I'm pretty sure it is. I think that it's been done for at least a year now. Maybe two.

Can't keep track. The newest building tysons as far as I know is 1800 Tysons' Blvd

Tyson_1800_071905.jpg

Not occupied yet, but looks like all the exterior work is done at least.

Here's the CApital One beauty, as complete as can be! NOw that was a fast start to finish, wasn't it?

curtainwallbldg03.jpg

curtainwallbldg04.jpg

Those two are actually the Microstrategy building, not the Capital One Building.

Microstrategies is a much shorter building, right in the heart of tyson's.

Capital One building is lil more outside central tysons, just inside the beltway.

While I like the idea of a thread dedicated to Tyson's Corner, it's not really needed. I've been around there recently and there's actually nothing is being built right now, except 1725, which I thought would start construction by now, but hasn't. <_< The pictures everyone has been showing is really all that's there, except for the mall, but it's not really urban-related.

I'll try to add some new pics of the buildings that are being built around the dulles tech corridor and reston.

Edited by TheFutureIsNow

While I like the idea of a thread dedicated to Tyson's Corner, it's not really needed. I've been around there recently and there's actually nothing is being built right now, except 1725, which I thought would start construction by now, but hasn't. <_< The pictures everyone has been showing is really all that's there, except for the mall, but it's not really urban-related.

I'll try to add some new pics of the buildings that are being built around the dulles tech corridor and reston.

As far as I've seen nothing has been started on 1725 Tyson's Blvd. 1800 Tyson's Blvd is getting near completed. The new expansion on Tyson's Corner Center(the mall) opened back in like.. September I think it was. That's pretty huge, but yes, not urban.

There are at least two other projects going on that have tower cranes up for them though. Not sure

what either of them are though. And there's literally dozens of things on the drawing board, but I'm still waiting around for any of them to matierialize. Like the models of the Crescent Towers complex above

shows 6 buildings. Only 3 are up so far, and those for quite a long time. Doesn't look like the other 3 are

ever gonna happen.

Seems like everyone is waiting for the Silver Line, so when they hope to go taller than anything they are allowed to build now.

Edited by sugoiben

But there is sooo much approved for construction.

• 2 weeks later...

NOVA is definitely going to have tremendous changes come about in the next decade. Nonetheless, it can only be done efficiently with development around extended metro stations. The metro through Tysons Corner onward to the Dulles and beyond will be a great help for Loudon county particularly. Whereas the Orange line metro should be extended parallelled to I-66 to Manassas. Likewise, the metro should head on down to Woodbridge as Fort Belvoir gets an influx of workers. In my idealist point of view, each new metro stop could easily have 40,000 people living within a quarter mile of a metro stop. Density is the name of the game.

• 2 weeks later...

driving back to centreville from NC today we noticed this really interesting building going up in the Quantico/Triangle area right off 95. Anyone know what that is?

thanks in advance.

I've passed by that a lot on 95, I think it's the marine/navy museum, very cool, but wish it was commercial/residential though.

As for developments, like sugioben said, I have also recently seen some cranes for various projects in tysons, but i don't kwon what they are, emporis just says 14 approved, none u/c.

As for other developments around the area:

Huge residential development next to fairfax corner well underway, bland though <_<

They just cleared a huge swath of land for the new "bus transportation center". Don't know what it'll look like, anyone know how to find renders of govt projects in fx county?

Yay! Right around reston twn center, there is new station that looks really cool and suspiciously like a possible metro station?

Around fair oaks mall, new camden place condos being constructed, last time I checked they were on the parking garage. Mediterrenean styled

Around the silver diner near fair oaks mall, the huge two apartment "elan" complex with some cheaply built townhomes are being built, really cool new little area of shops midway through construction.

A bazillion churches being built

In centerville, the trinity center office tower II is TO and the glass and top piece is being placed on.

Also, in centreville, new office complexes are being built everywhere in specific existing office parks, can't remember which one though, but it's where the DMV is.

In fairfax city itself,

- a huge addition to the city hall is being built

- New addition to the jail well underway, on the 3rd floor last time I checked.

- :yahoo: They started and pretty much completed the demo and prep for the new recreation/renovation (whatever) complex the will change many of the streetscapes in the city, name of it previously metioned, can't remember right now.

Still nothing on 1725!! Start already!

Bonus! the waterview towers in Arlington are also well-underway, excavation complete ,foundation poured.

Edited by TheFutureIsNow