Northern Virginia

wow! very nice! i had seen these building under constructuion for a while now, and wondered what they were going to be.... good info 4307! :)

as for the height.. i dont know. i think the ritz is 265 and the new buildings at the mall are going to break 350'!

the push by ffx co. and the commonwealth to create higher density near metro will hopfully help our skyscraper situation! i think arlington wants to do this too, but cant because of the planes.

not only will we hopfully get some nice skyscrapers, but our infamous traffic situation may get some help!

Edited by beltwayboy08

wow! very nice! i had seen these building under constructuion for a while now, and wondered what they were going to be.... good info 4307! :)

as for the height.. i dont know. i think the ritz is 265 and the new buildings at the mall are going to break 350'!

the push by ffx co. and the commonwealth to create higher density near metro will hopfully help our skyscraper situation! i think arlington wants to do this too, but cant because of the planes.

not only will we hopfully get some nice skyscrapers, but our infamous traffic situation may get some help!

:dunno: Actually I didn't come up with any info. Which buildings around the mall are you referring to, I can't believe they would go that high! I guess Tysons isn't too close to the airports.

yes. the last i heard about tysons, about a month ago, they were approved for 350!!!! :lol:

that is about 100 feet taller than the ritz which is the tallest building in tysons right now.

i also, for the record, went to rosslyn yesterday and looked at the turnberry tower sight. its a 5 story whole!! i asked a worker when the 400' crane would go up, and he said in no more than 3 weeks but more in 2 weekends from now.

also, lowerdeck, i think he may have been refering to national airport. that still is pretty far away even from rosslyn where the planes are at least 2 or 3 thousand feet up by the time they reach it. its the stinkin FAA. but arlington keeps getting newer towers all the time now!! we gain about 40 feet with each one.next year, rosslyn central will go up at about 430 feet!! observation deck and all! :)

i also like your flag icon! its a great idea!

Edited by beltwayboy08

also, lowerdeck, i think he may have been refering to national airport. that still is pretty far away even from rosslyn where the planes are at least 2 or 3 thousand feet up by the time they reach it. its the stinkin FAA. but arlington keeps getting newer towers all the time now!! we gain about 40 feet with each one.next year, rosslyn central will go up at about 430 feet!! observation deck and all! :)

i also like your flag icon! its a great idea!

I'm not sure why the FAA would be regulating National traffic all the way over in Tysons. Dulles would be closer, no?

And you also notice the flags are links to the state's sections?

The distance is about 12 miles.

Tysons is about equidistant from both airports and isn't on either flight path. I think its just FFX conservatism/cautiousness and the realization that they don't have the roads for what is there now, much less additional 250 - 350 ft tall office buildings that will be finished and full before the Orangeline extension is complete. Tysons is just a bad dream about an inch away from a nightmare when metro and hi rise construction come together.

tysons will be great after metro! i advocate all the tall buildings near metro! especially condo blocks. tysons will bloom with more and more condo towers that will help rush hour jams in the area. i'm very happy that fairfax co. has realized that widening the roads isnt an answer but that the whole living-working arrangement has to be changed. towncenters with highrise high density condo areas near metro stations is the begining of the answer. especially taking into account that we are a quickly growing conurbation.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone hav info on that one tysons scraper that was supposed to break ground, i cant remember the name of it, it was the next in line in the tysons center development....

i havnt heard of anything? i try and keep up to date with it too.. are you referring to the 1775 tysons blvd one? ( i think thats what its called) glass with sharp bends? look at emporis.com and type in "tysons" then go to highrise bldngs on the upper left side. hope this helps!! ;)

i have heard alot about merrifield of late! will there be any new highrises here?

also, incase you guys are interested, in rosslyn tomorrow sat. aug. 11th, turnberry tower's two 400 ft. cranes will go up!! for anyone who is interested, be there around 11 to watch. I sure will be! there's a great rooftop view on the holiday inn's parking garage directly adjecent to the sight! wish i knew how to post pics!

Does anyone hav info on that one tysons scraper that was supposed to break ground, i cant remember the name of it, it was the next in line in the tysons center development....

The only thing going up in Tyson's right now is the Park Crest Condos.

I was bored, so I drove by and snapped a few pics:

DSC02976.JPG

DSC02977.JPG

i have heard alot about merrifield of late! will there be any new highrises here?

also, incase you guys are interested, in rosslyn tomorrow sat. aug. 11th, turnberry tower's two 400 ft. cranes will go up!! for anyone who is interested, be there around 11 to watch. I sure will be! there's a great rooftop view on the holiday inn's parking garage directly adjecent to the sight! wish i knew how to post pics!

There's a ton of stuff in Merrifield. Or maybe it's just one really long building. But it's large. Sitting over between the movie theater and gallows rd. Maybe I'll swing by tomorrow and snap a pic or something.

Here are some cellphone pics (sorry for the crappy quality) from around early july, along route 28 around Dulles of all the office construction that has sprung up in the past year or so, and some pics of the Dulles Station development, which is turning out much better than i expected!

PIC-0026.jpg

PIC-0025.jpg

PIC-0028.jpg

PIC-0029.jpg

PIC-0030.jpg

PIC-0031.jpg

PIC-0033.jpg

PIC-0034.jpg

PIC-0035.jpg

PIC-0036.jpg

PIC-0037.jpg

PIC-0038.jpg

PIC-0040.jpg

PIC-0041.jpg

I really don't like this one though, the new Long & Foster headquarters, it's like a ridiculously oversized colonial plantation building... :rolleyes:

PIC-0043.jpg

PIC-0042.jpg

Edited by TheFutureIsNow

i havnt heard of anything? i try and keep up to date with it too.. are you referring to the 1775 tysons blvd one? ( i think thats what its called) glass with sharp bends? look at emporis.com and type in "tysons" then go to highrise bldngs on the upper left side. hope this helps!! ;)

Lol im sorta on a post frenzy tonite, but yep, the one called 1725 tysons, i remember all the hype about it a while ago, and they did put up construction fences, but then it just sorta died out...heres the link to emporis for the rendering:

http://www.emporis.com/en/il/im/?id=105490

thanks for the info guys! that long and foster office is 2 mins away from my house! its huge! i could see the cranes! i see you have loaded some pix from your phone thefutureisnow? how did you do that?

-is that 1725 tower in tysons still going to be built? isnt it part of the mall redevelopment? i hope we get it!

also sugoiben, the stuff in merrifield; when you say 1 long building, is that what they are taking down? or what will be built? if it's what they are taking down, will they build any highrieses? i will enjoy your pix!

^I just used photobucket, uploaded the photos to there, and then got the code for how to post pics, and copied and pasted each code for each picture here

About 1725 tysons, im not sure if its cancelled (really hope not!), or just on hold until the market gets better, but i can't see that being the reason as office is booming around here right now...