1st and 2nd avenue

Onyte9

I pass through 1st and 2nd avenue on the south side of town almost dailly and It makes me wonder why this area doesnt seem targeted as much as some of the other areas close to down town and this area is as close as it gets. I know there are a couple homes in the area that have been restored but it doesnt come close with some of the other areas. I think the location is as prime as it gets and most of the houses look quite restorable. I was thinking maybe crime is the biggest factor, but if Salemtown/Germantown can be brought back from the depths of hell why couldnt this area? Is there a possibility this could be the next hot spot? What do you all think?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no answers. It seems Germantown has a large buffer around it including its proximity to MetroCenter. This one (1st and 2nd South) just seems rife with societal challenges. The projects in that area are so large and until they're removed and replaced with a kinder environment, I'll remain steadfast on my stance that its an area to avoid.

That's not to say it'll never happen. Sure, there are some historic homes and they should be saved. As far as the rest of it, it needs a good bulldozer.

• 2 years later...

Archived