Best Southern Skyscraper

ironchapman

What is the South's Best Skyscraper?  

277 members have voted

1. 1. What is the South's Best Skyscraper?

• Bank of America Tower (Atlanta)
    • Westin Peachtree
    • SunTrust Plaza (Atlanta)
    • Concourse Towers (Just outside of Atlanta)
    • BellSouth (Batman) Building (Nashville)
    • Bank of America HQ (Charlotte)
    • Hearst Tower (Charlotte)
    • One Wachovia Center (Charlotte)
    • Wachovia Financial Center (Miami)
    • Bank of America Tower (Miami)
    • Modis Building (Jacksonville)
    • Bank of America Tower (Jacksonville)
    • Wachovia Bank Tower (Jacksonville)
    • Am-South Harbert Plaza (Birmingham)
    • City Federal Building (Birmingham)
    • AmSouth Building (Tampa)
    • One Tampa City Center
    • 203 East Main Street (Spartanburg)
    • Palmetto Building (Columbia)
    • Other

actually it's going to be a 1047' condo/hotel. and why can't a condo building not look as good as an office equivalent? what difference is a balcony going to make? and yes, the signature will be that bright and metallic. come back to reality and quit letting jealousy get the best of you. i'd be thrilled for whichever city got this tower.

Actually it is true that office towers are much larger in shear mass (not height) due to larger floor plates, floor heights and footprints. However, I will agree the signature tower is sweet.

A2

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually it is true that office towers are much larger in shear mass (not height) due to larger floor plates, floor heights and footprints. However, I will agree the signature tower is sweet.

A2

yeah, the sig is going to be very slender. i've heard that the floor heights are going to be larger than usual for a condo. and urban charlotte, that first union building would have made an awesome addition to the skyline over there. i'm sure they have something cooking though.

If only FU (First Union) Would have built that 1300 footer. :cry:

Hopefully that doesn't happen in Nashville.

I wish they had gone through with the plans (and I hope they are revitalizing them and not letting anybody know, just incase.) Four wasn't the best of designs, but I was never a fan of One Wachovia Center to begin with. However, the skyline looks well balanced with One and I am glad we have it; so I'm sure the 1.3k tower would've grown on everybody even with its original design.

lol im sorry...im from Arkansas and i L O V E Little Rock...but it amazed me at how much these two pictures looked alike.....

0501clintonLibrary.jpg

redneckhighrise0ue.jpg

dont get me wrong...i love the Clinton Presidential Library...awesome architectural work...but when i seen that trailor house on those blocks...the Clinton Library just popped in my head and i had to say something lol

lol im sorry...im from Arkansas and i L O V E Little Rock...but it amazed me at how much these two pictures looked alike.....

0501clintonLibrary.jpg

redneckhighrise0ue.jpg

dont get me wrong...i love the Clinton Presidential Library...awesome architectural work...but when i seen that trailor house on those blocks...the Clinton Library just popped in my head and i had to say something lol

:rofl: I always thought it looked like a house trailer. This only confims it! :shok:

actually it's going to be a 1047' condo/hotel. and why can't a condo building not look as good as an office equivalent? what difference is a balcony going to make? and yes, the signature will be that bright and metallic. come back to reality and quit letting jealousy get the best of you. i'd be thrilled for whichever city got this tower.

You can't correct me on a post I made two months ago. Then the tower was under 1000'. As far it being that bright and metallic I hope it is, but it seems like a material like that would be cost prohibitive for a condo tower. Maybe the units are more expensive than I thought they were.

Archived