State falls in annual business ratings.

beerbeer

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not commenting on your businees thing at all, but I founds this sort of funny...

List the states you most want to live in and the states you least want to live in.

for me personally, I apparently choose non business friendly states to live in.

In fact, the only places missing from this list are New Hampshire and Maine (I'll pass on Rhode Island for now)

New York, California, Massachusetts, and Hawaii

and you would literally have to put a gun to my head to get me to live in one of these states.

Kentucky led this category, followed by Arkansas, South Dakota, Oklahoma, and Iowa

not commenting on your businees thing at all, but I founds this sort of funny...

List the states you most want to live in and the states you least want to live in.

for me personally, I apparently choose non business friendly states to live in.

In fact, the only places missing from this list are New Hampshire and Maine (I'll pass on Rhode Island for now)

New York, California, Massachusetts, and Hawaii

and you would literally have to put a gun to my head to get me to live in one of these states.

Kentucky led this category, followed by Arkansas, South Dakota, Oklahoma, and Iowa

No doubt about it, for quality of life Connecticut is hard to beat. The state consistently makes top ten lists and recently Forbes had Connecticut #2 for quality of life.

There is a reason why states with high quality of life are more expensive though. I think people miss that basic point sometimes. It's the difference between Nordstroms and Wal-Mart. Quite literally. You get what you pay for generally speaking. Those low cost states have the worst health care, education, crime, etc., etc.....

Of course there are low cost states that have great cities to live in that put Hartford to shame, so it's not a black and white issue.

There is a reason why states with high quality of life are more expensive though. I think people miss that basic point sometimes. It's the difference between Nordstroms and Wal-Mart. Quite literally. You get what you pay for generally speaking. Those low cost states have the worst health care, education, crime, etc., etc.....

Of course there are low cost states that have great cities to live in that put Hartford to shame, so it's not a black and white issue.

We still had a high quality of life in the 80s and before without all the taxes that we have now, and CT was in much better shape economically then. Do you realize that job growth has remained flat ever since the income tax has instituted. Malloy is done after his term.

• 4 weeks later...

According to CNBC, Connecticut is now #44, in 2011 it was #39.

Other lowlights, Connecticut was rated the fifth worst state, ahead of only New York, California, Massachusetts, and Hawaii. Kentucky led this category, followed by Arkansas, South Dakota, Oklahoma, and Iowa

http://gov.cbia.com/...#When:13:33:39Z

Boy, DEMS thanks for RAISING TAXES on BUSINESSES -- and your citizens!! You voters needs to wake up, before you wake up and found out that all businesses in CT relocated to business friendly states! People are voting with their feet...

Quality of Life is fine, but not if you have to pay 50% or more in TAXES (to both state and federal!)

We still had a high quality of life in the 80s and before without all the taxes that we have now, and CT was in much better shape economically then. Do you realize that job growth has remained flat ever since the income tax has instituted. Malloy is done after his term.

I hope VOTERS in CT will wake up and elect TEA PARTY PEOPLE, so CT citizens can spend their own money - instead of giving it to the TAX AND SPENDERS (of both Parties!) to waste!!

Archived