Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gman430

Textile Heritage Park

6 posts in this topic

I like the look and it would hopefully give a boost to the general area. I noticed they have not acquired the land yet, but hopefully they can get funding for it.

This new park is slated for the old parking lot just across Smythe Street from the Lofts of Greenville: http://textileherita...age-park-plans/ It's very close to the Swamp Rabbit Trail also.

I would love to see a mill village somewhere in Greenville completely restored. With apartments in the mill, and houses restored to a desired state for small families (or rebuilt with the same character), we might could see the small community commercial centers brought back to life. Maybe this park will provide a spark for additional investment. Is this in the City of Greenville?

I would love to see a mill village somewhere in Greenville completely restored. With apartments in the mill, and houses restored to a desired state for small families (or rebuilt with the same character), we might could see the small community commercial centers brought back to life. Maybe this park will provide a spark for additional investment. Is this in the City of Greenville?

I think no because i know the Lofts is outside of it.

I think no because i know the Lofts is outside of it.

Makes sense, thanks!

Gosh, that'd be a great little population boost if they could annex the Monaghan Mill. The biggest problem would be getting there to provide the services, I guess.