Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
beerbeer

Capital Grille Steak House for Front Street?

4 posts in this topic

http://courantblogs....s-front-street/

Nice chain, they have a killer wine list. I prefer Morton's for steak. CG is very high quality on a par with Smith& Wollensky, Morton's and the Palm. Much better than Ruth Cris.

Edited by beerbeer

Fantastic news if true. Front Street is finally starting to come to life. With high quality and national establishments anchoring phase 1 there is little doubt that phase 2 would come to fruition. Hopefully the rumors about Infinity Hall coming pan out as well. For all of the hand-wringing over the project not being enough, it will certainly be a huge step forward once there are a few businesses operating on the site.

I can only imagine Infinity hall taking up a fairly large space, and we know the cinema is about 1/3 of the space.

the steakhouse should be fairly large as well since most of these national high end places are fairly roomy.

It stands to reason that IF these 3 all happen there will be a few smaller places likely to open shop here.

Personally, I think that wood N Tap would be wise to open here and introduce the conventioners to their formula.

WnT is expanding aggressively (6 locations now) and should be familiar with most people in Hartford middlesex and New Haven counties.

a burger place would also work well as a contract to a high end steak place. I rarely eat there myself, but I think they would do well. ( Id rather see Plan B :) )

If they do move forward with the apartments, I think you will quickly see some additional spaces lease up as well. If you are ever down in this area during a convention you see people looking around... and some eventually find Arch Street. Once the theater opens, I think it will beckon people to cross the street.

I had dinner at the Capital Grille last night.  The bar was packed, they seem to be be doing very well.  When I got there around 7 PM there were folks dining outside.  There were also folks eating outside in front of Spotlight Cinema. It seemed like a peek into a very nice future Front Street. Once infinity and Ted's and UConn are up and running this should be a very active area.

BTW, very good steak. Which wasn't a surprised as I have eaten at a number of Capital Grilles around the country.