Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KJW

NWA to get its own brand?

3 posts in this topic

resized_99265-1b2nw35xcolorlogo_2_18-16070_t598.JPG?b7052f07a6139e7088ebc43100469802b2560d37

“Northwest Arkansas. Great for Business. Great for Life.” That slogan unveiled Tuesday in Springdale, paired with five arrows pointing skyward, is at the center of a new campaign to attract companies and professionals worldwide to a spot they may not at first consider: Arkansas’ northwest corner.

http://www.nwaonline...brand-20120801/

and (non-subscription article on KFSM):

http://5newsonline.com/2012/07/31/nwa-new-logo-great-for-business-great-for-life/

Edited by KJW

“Northwest Arkansas. Great for Business. Great for Life.” That slogan unveiled Tuesday in Springdale, paired with five arrows pointing skyward, is at the center of a new campaign to attract companies and professionals worldwide to a spot they may not at first consider: Arkansas’ northwest corner.

Yeah I heard about this. Not bad, But I think I would have liked to see the 'arrow' designs made taller. Maybe a bit more 'treelike'. If done in the right dimensions then it could even look like something a bit reminicent of E Fay Jones.

Sorry to get off topic here. I noticed some of the work on the I-430 I-630 interchange in Little Rock. Not sure if it's intentional, but I noticed some design work that certainly made me think of E Fay Jones' Mildred Cooper Memorial Chapel in Bella Vista. It's a shame something like that could have been done up here where he spend much of his life.

I think that's a great design for promoting the area. I do agree they should have made the arrows a little taller but it's a minor thing. I don't know what the normal person would pick up from the arrows, but for me it represents the areas growing diversity and obviously moving forward or up. The slogan is great too... people will always go where there is business. Sorry if I'm going off topic but I noticed that NWA gained over 10,000 in from 2010-2011. I think the area is going to give Little Rock some real competition in the next 30 years as far as population goes, especially with Fort Smith to the south. Both NWA and Fort Smith metros will start interacting more and more over the next couple of decades.