Mercerdese Richardson Clark, grew up in Parramore and fought a lifetime for the community she loved

spenser1058

Another sad passing - Mercerdese worked tirelessly to revitalize Parramore. It would be hard to think of a more dedicated community activist in the Orlando area for the last few decades. I especially liked her work on the Parramore Ave. Streetscape and the Wells'Built Museum. Condolences to her family and friends.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-08-03/news/os-ed-darryl-owens-mercerdese-clark-080412-20120803_1_parramore-community-parramore-heritage-renovation-foundation-local-black-history

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had the privilege and honor of working with Mrs. Clark on a variety of programs when I directed the education programs of the Regional History Center in Orlando, Florida. She was the kind of community volunteer that all folks should get to work with at least once. She was dedicated, tireless, and a true advocate.

Orlando/Central Florida has truly lost one of its best.

Godspeed Mrs. Clark.

Bob Beatty

Archived