Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MTSUBlueraider86

This is too hard to even describe: 32 story guitar shaped skyscraper for Nashville.

To me, the CD is "quaint!" Already nearly obsolete. It should have be something with a more enduring history, like paper at least. That's all I meant.

I can see that, but I also like it when a work acknowledges the time in which it's made.

Folks, until we see something done by a professional architect, this "proposal" should not be taken seriously. The drawing is not even done by someone who knows of basic cantilever engineering and construction. The little supports around the base of the "guitar" are not even necessary... and scream how clueless the person who dreamt up this scheme really is.

And I say this to the NBJ and Tennessean writers especially... don't even give this person this unwarranted attention. If you can't resist and really have to interview him about this "proposal", at least do some investigative work and identify the very few places in SoBro where something this tall would even be permitted. Don't just take his word that he is looking at sites in Midtown and Sobro or Music Row or Timbuktu without a little leg work... and you guys are best advised not to even write about it until you get a rendering that looks like he paid an actual architect to draw.

Good points MLBrumby.

My biggest point of confusion here, I suppose, is why this couldn't simply be a building somehow INSPIRED BY a guitar, and not the literal shape of a guitar?