BROADWEST (former West End Summit), 36 story Conrad Hilton Hotel/condo tower, 22 story/510,000 sq. ft. office tower, 4 story/125,000 sq. ft. retail/office, 1 acre plaza, 2,500 car garage, $490 million

it's just dave

I have a question, when they started digging the hole for this building wasn't it for the previus designme? Which, was a larger development meaning doesn't that required a deeper dig for more parking?

Sorry for the errors in my question im on my phone

I was trying to say previous design

No construction engineer here, but I believe the foundation can be adjusted for the ultimate plan for this building. I'm not so sure that this building will be smaller than the original plan. With potential expansion requirements for these two very large tenants (committed up front to almost 500k sf) plus a hotel which will be around 220k sf, the ultimate size could very well be 900k... or more.

I was on 16th Ave N on the evening of the 17th and I heard what sounded like a generator running on the property. It was too dark to tell if they were pumping water, but that's what I hope was going on.

Maybe it'll be dry by the time I'm in town next weekend... I'm kind of curious what is on the bottom of that by now. Lots of dead things, I'd imagine.

• 2 weeks later...

Has Palmer announced that he is redesigning or reconfiguring the building? Several of the folks here have pointed out that the rendering from the latest announcements looked hastily patched together. I don't believe he has even publicly announced details of this project since the Parallon/SCRI news, has he?

All I have seen is on construction wire is that Intercontinental is planning a 325 room hotel. That was ASP first hotel in the old WES. I think it is fair to say that they are still considered a player. Now, I am speculating that they are going to have to redesign the towers to accomadate a larger commercial square footage. With that being said the tower could go higher, fatter, or there could be a third companant to the project. I had heard a long time ago that ASP had the option on the lot across the street that the Shell sits on. I do not know how reliable that is.

Then again, nothing could change and everything will be the same, but I doubt it. I am betting on a redesign.

There is an ordinance being introduced on first reading at the next Metro Council meeting (11/13) that describes what I interpret to be something like a sale-leaseback transaction for the WES site. If I interpret it correctly, the ordinance would approve having the Industrial Development Board own the land, with the WES development making Paments In Lieu of Taxes (PILOT) to the industrial board. I could be wrong about the IDB owning the land in the proposal, but I'm not familiar with these types of deals.

There is some discussion in the ordinance that there might be a hotel added to the property that is not currently in the two proposed towers. The ordinance cites the cost of the development to be $265M and the goes into a lot of detail regarding the anticipated creation of jobs.

This might totally be old news, but it was interesting to see. You don't see that for all developments, for sure. The ordinance is BL2012-297.

http://www.nashville.gov/mc/ordinances/term_2011_2015/bl2012_297.htm

Edited by bwithers1

• 2 weeks later...

Found some updated plans for WES. The office portions are labeled office towers 1 and 2, AND there's what looks to be a third building labeled hotel between the office buildings. That can be seen on page 03.

https://www.google.c...76VaJOQ&cad=rja

After studying these a bit, it appears maybe both office towers now have the same size floorplates, and 20 floors each. Just a guess. Also, the rendering on page 00 is definitely new and more refined that previous ones, I think.

Edited by barakat

Looks like the taller building will rise 311 feet from the sidewalk and the other will rise 298 feet. It's hard to read the elevations on sheet 16 and 18, but the sidewalk appears to be at 514' (above sea level) with the crown rising to 825' (asl) and 824.5 (asl) minus 526.5 (asl) on the other.