BROADWEST (former West End Summit), 36 story Conrad Hilton Hotel/condo tower, 22 story/510,000 sq. ft. office tower, 4 story/125,000 sq. ft. retail/office, 1 acre plaza, 2,500 car garage, $490 million

it's just dave

Cannot imagine how Alex S Palmer must feel when looking at the completed Broadwest site.  His many failures in trying to develop West End Summit have to rank as one of the biggest debacles ever in Nashville.   

Edited by dxfret
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2022 at 11:42 AM, natethegreat said:

It looks ok. I don’t like the carpet and the ceiling should be a few feet higher. Carne Mare in the W looks much better.

I agree, underwhelming.  The chandeliers  look more appropriate to Longhorn Steakhouse and the potted plants look like they belong in a maden aunt's breakfast room.  Hardly elegant I think.

Edited by Baronakim

19 hours ago, nashvylle said:

the glass might be the new vue glass that gets darker as the day gets brighter... 

Thanks.  Wasn't aware there was such a thing.   I clicked on the picture and then magnified it.  Three things:  i(1) t definitely works....(2) good to see the site scraped clean next to it (hoping those trees survive)...(3) that Westin is still ridiculous looking.

3 hours ago, nashville born said:

Thanks.  Wasn't aware there was such a thing.   I clicked on the picture and then magnified it.  Three things:  i(1) t definitely works....(2) good to see the site scraped clean next to it (hoping those trees survive)...(3) that Westin is still ridiculous looking.

Nope, the trees are toast.  The floor plan shows a residential lobby right up to the back of Adele's.  Crappy trees anyway...hackberries.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, markhollin said:

Additional coverage of Halls Chop House at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/industries/2022/06/01/halls-chophouse-nashville-arrives-broadwest-downtown-tn/9887520002/

More shots from various sources:

Broadwest, Halls Chop House, June 7, 2022, 1.png

Broadwest, Halls Chop House, June 7, 2022, 4.png

Broadwest, Halls Chop House, June 7, 2022, 5.png

Broadwest, Halls Chop House, June 7, 2022, 6.png

Broadwest, Halls Chop House, June 7, 2022, 7.png

I can't say much about the selection of flooring and the transitions IMO.  UGLY!   Too dang much black too in the furnishings.  DULL.!

• 2 weeks later...

Propst Development has sold the Conrad Hilton Hotel portion (234 rooms) of the larger tower to Northwood Investors LLC for $119 million.  That works out to $508,000 per room. The hotel is set to open June 29th.  Northwood manages $8 billion of investor capital in the U.S. and Europe. 

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2022/06/20/broadwest-hotel-sold.html

And behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/broadwest-hotel-space-sells-for-119m/article_cebb2f90-f0e5-11ec-8b76-233f4c3edf1b.html

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...