BROADWEST (former West End Summit), 36 story Conrad Hilton Hotel/condo tower, 22 story/510,000 sq. ft. office tower, 4 story/125,000 sq. ft. retail/office, 1 acre plaza, 2,500 car garage, $490 million

it's just dave

New to urbanplanet. Great information here, you guys really do a great job of staying on the ball of what's going on around town. 

In regards to WES, there must be some interesting discussions going on between HCA and different developers. If HCA ends up going downtown because another developer was able to make it all come together, that would be a pretty impressive steal.

• Like 1

I am so afraid this project is not going to happen. This is my favorite project in a long time. I think the location for these two towers will add so much to the architectural landscape of Nashville. At any rate, I'm scared. Hold me!

I personally don't think WES will be built, but what I'm afraid of is HCA winding up chilling in an office park somewhere and not in a tower in or near downtown.

New to urbanplanet. Great information here, you guys really do a great job of staying on the ball of what's going on around town. 

In regards to WES, there must be some interesting discussions going on between HCA and different developers. If HCA ends up going downtown because another developer was able to make it all come together, that would be a pretty impressive steal.

Welcome to the forum! And yeah, I agree - reading that headline would be a heckuva point of pride if a developer snakes the deal from ASP. Especially so if they take the IC Hotel portion, too.

But for now, it's Alex's deal and he has some serious decisions to make and needs to do so in a hasty manner. Luckily, we are a hot market for real estate right now so a partner should be easy to find. 

Right now I am hearing mixed signals. Most of the people that know ASP think it will be built. I am not sure. As I have said, until ASP pulls the plug, then its still alive. The one thing I am happy about now is the pressure that is being put on both HCA and ASP to either do it or not. We talked about this at the last meet. Pretty much all of the BS is now hitting the fan and the ball will have to roll or heads will roll soon. My feeling is that ASP wants 100 % control over the project and that is why he may be fighting bringing an investment partner on board. This is his dream project so to speak. This again is speculation in my part and I have never met the man.

Also in the NBJ, there is a poll about this getting out of the ground and only 11 % say it will with the two current flagship companies . Most think it will not happen.

I wonder why these types of projects/towers spring up so quickly in a city like Atlanta; whereas, it seems like in Nashville it takes an act of congress to get things built. The city has TIF on the table, HCA has agreed to be the tenants, but yet this can’t get done.

I wondered that, too, until I remembered that Atlanta was more than 3x larger than Nashville.

I read that as there *is* an unnamed equity partner and this is now a pissing match between the two parties over terms.

That's how I read it too. Of course I don't know the details, but it must be pretty bad if these terms with the equity partner are the only thing holding this up. Is it worth possibly losing it all based off of what the partner is wanting? I really hope it's not pride getting in the way.....

Did anyone notice workers at WES today?  There was a blast at 12:05 this afternoon that I heard in my house, and the only two places that have been blasting recently were Belmont and WES. Obviously WES has been quiet for quite some time.  From what I can tell Belmont has been done blasting for at least 2-3 months. Hopefully it was WES since that would indicate some movement.

My guess on why AP is so reluctant to get a codeveloper on this is that he already has so much time and money invested, that he is barely treading water for a profit. Any profit sharing may put him in the red. I could be way off base though. Just guessing.

Makes sense to me...though if he fails to get this out of the ground a second time, it could damage his reputation to the point where in the long run, he would be much, much deeper in the red.