BROADWEST (former West End Summit), 36 story Conrad Hilton Hotel/condo tower, 22 story/510,000 sq. ft. office tower, 4 story/125,000 sq. ft. retail/office, 1 acre plaza, 2,500 car garage, $490 million

it's just dave

This is all certainly great news for Nashville. I suspect they will have most of their operations close to if not on their campus. I do remember seeing a rendering of the proposed 31st avenue corridor and there was about a 15 to 20 story building in the rendering on their campus. Coincidence, maybe, but who knows. They are bursting at the seems with portable office space. So in fact they could build something there or on the ONE City Campus.

Good point samsonh.

I suspect they will just build on their existing campus, but that is better than moving to Cool Springs.

Won't happen. Here's why. In the consolidation, they are also going to bundle in Parralon and Sarah Cannon Research. Again, their existing campus cannot support the space they will need. Further the 4th building just off the 31st Ave Connecter is purely the IT department, and they are having power issues with it right now.

Won't happen. Here's why. In the consolidation, they are also going to bundle in Parralon and Sarah Cannon Research. Again, their existing campus cannot support the space they will need. Further the 4th building just off the 31st Ave Connecter is purely the IT department, and they are having power issues with it right now.

I tend to disagree this time Daniel. They may have power issues but that can be solved. As far as their campus goes, thye own all the land between the RR tracks and Charlotte on the east side of the new connector as well as the space they have now. They could put 10 million sq ft there if they needed too if they went high enough. I suspect that is about 20 acres maybe more not to mention the area thay have all their portables on.

Speaking of the data center in HH/Antioch, what's the latest on it? Still planned? Being built? Anyone know or heard?

Yes, they broke ground and the permit was pulled. Hopefully, and fingers crossed, I will be supplying about $4m of their equipment from the racks and Power distribution to data center management software

• Like 1

I am inclined to agree that HCA is likely to build on their existing campus if for no other reason than they already own that land (at least I think they do). Having Centennial Park across the street is also a pretty nice amenity. But if they do stay more or less where they are, I hope that they would build with more frontage toward Charlotte Pike in order to help with that corridor's revitalization. I hate coming down Charlotte and seeing the mass of trailers out back. It kind of makes HCA's campus look like a Metro school campus :(

I couldn't agree more on the "temp" buildings (they've actually been there since 1997, when I had a contract there). They are TACKY!

However, don't expect HCA to build a tower. Healthcare companies get a lot of flack for having luxurious offices, expecially "for profit" healthcare companies... side note: I also did contract work for several "Non Profit" healthcare orgs, and two come to mind that had the most elaborate offices, one has twelve floors in a 40 story office building in downtown Dallas. But it's all about the image, right? And I think the odds are better than 80% that HCA will build a modest "tower" (8-10 stories) on the parking lot where the "trailers" are presently. There is a slim chance that they would decide to go with one of the towers proposed by a third party developer, but they own lots of land... and I believe they are really now wanting to turn their campus toward Charlotte Ave, and yes, partly because of their interest in the land for One C1TY.

• 1 month later...

HCA to lease space at Palmer site

Not sure what the final building will look like, but it has got to be better than Lake Palmer.

http://www.tennessea...{sodEmoji.|}text{sodEmoji.|}FRONTPAGE

http://www.bizjourna...n-new-jobs.html

HCA

Looking for 400,000 Sq Ft

Adding or consolidating 2000 jobs in downtown baby. Sweet!

Edited by Guest

About freaking time. Really looking forward to seeing this out of the ground. Anything is better than a lake, but this has been a long time coming. Exciting time for Nashville as we may have a number of 20 plus story buildings under construction next year. This is also a major job anouncement which would be news worthy even without a tower starting. :yahoo::fun::alc::thumbsup::good:

• Like 1

One other thought on this project that may have been a selling point to HCA is that this project is pretty much shovel ready and all they have to do is drain the lake and start pouring the footers. I woudl expect this to move rapidly as Palmer has already got the varience needed and the hole dug.

This may spur a lot of other development right in this area.