BROADWEST (former West End Summit), 36 story Conrad Hilton Hotel/condo tower, 22 story/510,000 sq. ft. office tower, 4 story/125,000 sq. ft. retail/office, 1 acre plaza, 2,500 car garage, $490 million

it's just dave

13 hours ago, titanhog said:

I wouldn't doubt it.  There are developers out there negotiating with all kinds of "elite" hotel brands right now.  Will be interesting to see which ones will come to fruition.

Yep, I have been hearing little things here and there like another big brand in SoBro too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I agree. Waldorf Astoria. I was in Vegas recently with my wife and we walked through the Waldorf-Astoria just to say we walked through the Waldorf-Astoria. There's something about a hyphenated name that is seemingly synonymous with luxury and class (although I am sure there are notable exceptions to this).

14 hours ago, DDIG said:

The hotel inventory is going to be there but Nissan needs a LOT of work to be Super Bowl ready. There will be a big war sooner than later to either put a bunch of money in Nissan or build a new dome. We can't host a Final Four without a domed stadium.

I am definitely in the "renovate Nissan stadium to include a roof" camp. The good news is that stadiums these days don't need 50 acres of surface parking lots around them like Nissan Stadium currently has. The vast majority of these parking lots could be sold to the private sector (sale proceeds go to stadium construction fund) and a portion of the real estate taxes associated with the developments could also go towards the stadium construction. Remaining construction fund sources could come from stadium naming rights (whenever Nissan's rights expire). Also a ~$1 hotel / motel tax. 

Edited by nashvylle
  • Like 1

On 2/26/2019 at 9:16 AM, AronG said:

Gonna be interesting to see how Nashville absorbs all these top end condos. Couple hundred each in this one, 2nd & Demonbreun, and Paramount, among others. I guess these guys are foreseeing a lot of demand from Amazon and AB, etc.

There's demand from several other places.  There is a steady stream of HNW (high new worth) and UHNW (Ultra HNW) people moving here from high tax states, often as retirees, who have lots of dollars to spend on a home, want to downsize and live close to all that Nashville has to offer.

Also, there's a stream of HNW/UHNW Middle Tennesseans who want a place in the city as a second home.  They spend most of their time at a large home in Williamson county, Sumner county, Cookeville, and other places, and want a place to spend a weekend every month in downtown Nashville.  I recently spoke to someone who moved from Williamson county to 12 South and now is interested in a condo downtown.

32 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

I am definitely in the "renovate Nissan stadium to include a roof" camp. The good news is that stadiums these days don't need 50 acres of surface parking lots around them like Nissan Stadium currently has. The vast majority of these parking lots could be sold to the private sector (sale proceeds go to stadium construction fund) and a portion of the real estate taxes associated with the developments could also go towards the stadium construction. Remaining construction fund sources could come from stadium naming rights (whenever Nissan's rights expire). Also a ~$1 hotel / motel tax. 

I think our taxes on a hotel/motel room night are already on the very high side!

ABCF8E84-29CC-4357-8A6D-AFF8371C4446.jpeg

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, e-dub said:

How about the service?

The bar was always super dead so I never bothered going and I never use room service. They did have one of those in room espresso machines and would bring new pods for it every day and the room had a shower and bath. Maybe it is a generational thing as I didn't like the Ritz Carlton in Marina Del Ray either, I'd rather have an interesting room and bar and no spa or room service. For example I'd take the Hoxton in Williamsburg over both and it was materially cheaper.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, e-dub said:

I'm with you: I prefer an interesting room and building but others are more about the service.

It seems to me  that customers pay more to spend more.  By that, I mean they pay inflated nightly prices compared to less luxurious hotels so that they have the opportunity to pay for expensive services that only that level of hotel provide (e.g. spas).  I've always taken the approach of spending less per night and getting the same services outside the hotel for a more affordable price. 

Regardless, these levels of hotels are nothing but good for the Nashville market.  It shows that the market is maturing and becoming more sophisticated, and these types of hotels will absolutely draw a different clientele into town.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

First construction permit pulled for foundation permit for almost 5 million. After almost 20 years of waiting the very first construction permit has now been pulled. The reason I say 20 years is that ASP started this whole process in like 1999 by buying property at this location. If took him 19 years of thumb twiddling and basically a year from Propst to get it going.

Thank you Propst Development.

I would consider the excavation as the first construction permit. However we know what a blue ball that was. HCA lease was the second round of blue balling.

This development is going to be worth the wait!

Edited by nashvylle
  • Like 1