BROADWEST (former West End Summit), 36 story Conrad Hilton Hotel/condo tower, 22 story/510,000 sq. ft. office tower, 4 story/125,000 sq. ft. retail/office, 1 acre plaza, 2,500 car garage, $490 million

it's just dave

Some additional info -

HCA will relocate the headquarters of both business units to the two new towers to be built at West End Summit. Square footage combined will be about 900,000 square feet.

HCA could take up as much as 500,000 square feet of that space for its operations, presumably leaving the rest to be filled by other tenants. The Nashville-based health giant will move about 1,000 employees there when it opens, perhaps in 2015, and add another 1,000 jobs there by 2017...

Parallon plans to move 750 jobs from Williamson to Davidson in a first wave once the new site opens, and add another 800 positions by 2017.

Sarah Cannon will consolidate 200 jobs now in other offices off West End Avenue into the new buildings and then double that by 2017, officials said.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20120927/BUSINESS01/120927004/HCA-lease-space-Palmer-site?odyssey=mod{sodEmoji.|}breaking{sodEmoji.|}text{sodEmoji.|}FRONTPAGE

SCRI and Parallon will be the primary occupants of each tower. 150k square feet and 350k square feet. I believe when they relocate their Texas facility up here, they will also occupy par of the building that contains SCRI.

I'm giddy with excitement. Do the math on the cranes along West End a year from now... :yahoo:

Edited by dmillsphoto

Omg...wait WES is going to happen? Has hell finally frozen over?! Thanks global warming!!

WOW!!! WOW!! THIS IS HUGE!!!

I still feel like this is a dream...what a surprise. I saw the headlines on Twitter, but it just said West End site. I was thinking where this could be. Didn't think the OneC1ty was considered WE. Didn't even think about WES!!!

• Like 1

This is going to be incredible! Huge news. The economic impact this is going to have is going to be huge, too.

Hopefully, these 2000 new employees will want to live downtown or along West End and use the BRT to get to and from work so we don't get a traffic hit from this.

Now, for some higher infill between the towers and downtown. :thumbsup:

OMG! Lake Palmer will be filled-in? Okay, I'll say it... while this is very good news, I wish the plan would have been for 1 building of 40+ stories... and the parcel where the hotel was to go would eventually get the ICH. Like I said, overall GREAT news... but can nashville at least break that building plateau?

Great news for Nashville! This will be excellent for both the economy and the skyline. After a bit of a lull it seems like Nashville is starting to boom.

And for a city like Nashville trying to increase density, I actually think two towers of this size are just as good as one 40-45 story tower. Not as dramatic obviously, but just as good from the POV of trying to increase vibrancy and foot traffic.

Wow. Big news.

I can't say I'm crazy about the design/layout of the twin towers here...but it's not "bad." It will probably look a lot better in person than the rendering. And while I liked the original proposal for a taller tower (~400 ft IIRC), this is probably more suitable for the Midtown area. I'd love to see more office development downtown. I'd rather see 505CST get built. But this is a win. A big win. A win for the city, a win for the skyline, and a huge win for Palmer. This should help restore his credibility.

I hope the rest of you are right that this will spur more big time development in the area.

Some opinion on what this means ....

""This is a huge investment in our midtown and downtown," said Mayor Karl Dean at Thursday's announcement. "To have them filled up when they are finished is going to transform the area. There will be a lot more people there. There will be all sorts of ancillary development that will occur around that area. It's a big statement about the health of Nashville. I'm thrilled."

A project this big should trigger development of hotels, shops and restaurants throughout "a critical area of Nashville," saidDoug Brandon, regional managing principal for Cassidy Turley.

"Think of the number of great jobs and the number of restaurants and retailers that are going to have to support that," Brandon said. "Think about what's in that area of West End before you get to Union Station — all of those car lots sitting there. There's not many other stretches of land between Interstate 40 and 440 on West End of any size. All of that land will be worth more. (Car dealer) Lee Beaman must be pretty happy about what just got announced.""

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2012/09/27/west-end-summit-expected-to-transform.html

HCA is #94 on the Fortune 500, second in the state of Tennessee after FedEx (#70) in Memphis, and now they're dropping a massive corporate presence right in the middle of Nashville on arguably its most prominent street. This is HUGE for the city of Nashville. In my opinion, this is bigger than the Nissan move. HCA, the largest private hospital owner in the world, has planted its flag right in the middle of everything. Awesome news.