BROADWEST (former West End Summit), 36 story Conrad Hilton Hotel/condo tower, 22 story/510,000 sq. ft. office tower, 4 story/125,000 sq. ft. retail/office, 1 acre plaza, 2,500 car garage, $490 million

it's just dave

Btw...you have to expect that Broadwest is going to spur more skyscraper growth near the Broad / West End split.  Gotta believe something will happen eventually at that pie slice piece of land at the split where the large billboard is located.  And...this will also put even more pressure on Beaman to consider selling his car lots (though who knows if he'll even consider).  Also have to wonder if the Orbison estate will consider selling the Orbison building on Broadway.  There may be too much sentimental attachment...but that lot is going to eventually be a prime lot.

image-2.jpg

Edited by titanhog
  • Like 3

I'm much, much, much more eager to see those car lots go away and leave the Orbison building alone as long as possible.

As for that pie-shaped lot with The Nashville Sign (online at http://thenashvillesign.com/), the property seems like a waste to be sitting empty, but the sign people surely have a contract that keeps them there for a while, especially considering the upgrades several months ago. That doesn't leave a lot of options.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jamie Hall said:

I'm much, much, much more eager to see those car lots go away and leave the Orbison building alone as long as possible.

As for that pie-shaped lot with The Nashville Sign (online at http://thenashvillesign.com/), the property seems like a waste to be sitting empty, but the sign people surely have a contract that keeps them there for a while, especially considering the upgrades several months ago. That doesn't leave a lot of options.

There are rumors out there that something may happen with that pie-shaped land...but nothing in concrete just yet.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jamie Hall said:

Under those tentative plans, would the sign stay or go? I've kinda grown to like seeing it there.

That sign is a rainmaker for its owners. Whatever they build there I'd find a way to keep the sign integrated. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NashvilleObserver said:

I hope that the giant screens at the Broadway/West End split stays, but is incorporated onto a new tower. I've always imagined that area could become Nashville's own "Times Square" of sorts. This Broadwest development would certainly help spur that!

Something like this would be awesome!

2 hours ago, NashvilleObserver said:

I hope that the giant screens at the Broadway/West End split stays, but is incorporated onto a new tower. I've always imagined that area could become Nashville's own "Times Square" of sorts. This Broadwest development would certainly help spur that!

I always thought it would be cool to put a thin 20-story on Broadway and 1st (where the flag poles are located) and have a massive digital screen there.   Build it in a way where the lower area can still be used for stages for concerts and whatever on Boradway. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheRaglander said:

I always thought it would be cool to put a thin 20-story on Broadway and 1st (where the flag poles are located) and have a massive digital screen there.   Build it in a way where the lower area can still be used for stages for concerts and whatever on Boradway. 

Put a massive digital screen at the end of Broadway and put up an image of the road continuing across the river....

• Haha 1