BROADWEST (former West End Summit), 36 story Conrad Hilton Hotel/condo tower, 22 story/510,000 sq. ft. office tower, 4 story/125,000 sq. ft. retail/office, 1 acre plaza, 2,500 car garage, $490 million

it's just dave

People are going to get lost in that parking garage.... for days. 
Ohmigosh! I thought the same thing... I had this apocalyptic survival horror movie in my head that consisted of a band of travelers that had to band together to combat the evil horde that awaited them in the pits of this crazy garage to be able to escape to freedom. (I've been binge-watching Prime Video too much.)

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

On 1/4/2020 at 6:46 AM, MLBrumby said:

Can anyone here decipher from those diagrams why there's no elevator shaft visible in the current construction photos?  I assume it will go down the central part of the building per the last cutaway. 

Here are a couple edge of slab plans from the pdf package. The dashed 'X' represents the opening in the floor. I couldn't see any openings from the images, so maybe they have the shafts blocked off until the next trade comes in to build them. If there wasn't the cast-in-place shaft like we are used to seeing, they are probably using shaft wall to enclose the openings.

Second floor:

image.thumb.png.bef5d12a0cba9c9a503181056eabd4ca.png

It also continues on the upper floors, Floors 5-10: 

imageproxy.php?img=&key=c71e87a16cbbfd68image.thumb.png.33ed986808a5989ecdd20ec90bac1089.png

Edit:

If you look close enough, you can see something that appears to be opening in the slab where maybe some temporary stairs are in place....

image.png.a4036dad4a0705909c39500abb68f85e.png

Edited by Bos2Nash
  • Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, NashRugger said:

But for real, where is the elevator shaft for the office tower? At this point, I'm almost suspecting an egregious engineering error. 

There is an opening in the center of each floor that is difficult to see unless you look at just the right angle. I can see it when I drive by the site, but it would be hard to get a picture of it. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/13/2020 at 8:19 AM, NashRugger said:

But for real, where is the elevator shaft for the office tower? At this point, I'm almost suspecting an egregious engineering error. 

Really?

Unless the elevator shaft is a source of interior support for a building, they don't need to be solid concrete bunker-type structures. With all the concrete columns on each floor, the elevator shaft in this tower will likely just be surrounded by thick fireproof drywall or simple masonry.

Edited by NashvilleObserver
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

The website says 10 high speed elevators and a freight elevator, so they know where they are going, even if we cant see where they are going.

Seems as if everyone thinks the a GC like Turner and Hoar woild make a mistake like that. I dont think so.

If you go on the web there is a big building in Spain where the architect actually forgot about the elevator.  Smeags is right.  Ain't gonna happen here.

• Haha 1