BROADWEST (former West End Summit), 36 story Conrad Hilton Hotel/condo tower, 22 story/510,000 sq. ft. office tower, 4 story/125,000 sq. ft. retail/office, 1 acre plaza, 2,500 car garage, $490 million

it's just dave

Parks Realty announces that it will be leasing 3,600 sq. ft. of the retail building portion of Broadwest starting in 2021.  50 agents that are currently located in their office in The Gulch will relocate there.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2020/02/28/deal-dash-cool-springs-draws-toronto-cash-veteran.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

• Like 3

On 2/20/2020 at 7:56 PM, MLBrumby said:

Really sad what's happened to Buckhead since I was a college student. Used to be the best hub of nightlife in the whole South with pedestrian activity over 30 blocks. Then it died... while developers bought it all up and schemed how to profit off its carcass.  The vision was flawed...unrealistic... and ultimately killed the baby in the bathwater. To use your word, now it's "lifeless". 

What's wrong with Buckhead? I don't know much about it, but I had interviewed for a place there a while back and it seemed like a pretty cool place to live. With a fair bit of upcoming developments, metro station, and lots of shopping/amenities around. What has happened to it, and what about Broadwest might be like that? Developments that aren't working together, or..?

Oh, it's cool... really really 'cool' now... too cool for me... antiseptic cool, imho.  Of course, I'm referring to its transformation from the 'Georgetown of the South' to the 'Rodeo Drive of the South'.  I realize the way it used to be was not sustainable with the upscale demographics evolving as they were (are) around it. But it certainly lost its character in the process. The proper denizens of B'head never liked the vast collection of food and DRINK establishments that sprung up in its former 'downtown' and then up P'tree from the 1960s thru the 90s. But it happened so fast, they really couldn't stop it. Got to a point where my great uncle couldn't even drive from his house on Andrews to the Walgreens on Piedmont one Saturday afternoon. Several high-profile shootings in the late 1990s pretty much sealed the fate of DTBH. And  within 15 years, all those quirky little storefronts, grottos, decks, and beer gardens were gone, replaced by the sleek California style shopping venues we have today.  It reminds me of what's happening to Music Row, granted the latter has far more historical significance than the DTBH of the 1960s (although there were real homegrown, thriving businesses there before that evolution). Mind you, I'm not arguing that it shouldn't have happened... just lamenting another loss of an authentically organic cluster/hub of activity. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Oh, it's cool... really really 'cool' now... too cool for me... antiseptic cool, imho.  Of course, I'm referring to its transformation from the 'Georgetown of the South' to the 'Rodeo Drive of the South'.  I realize the way it used to be was not sustainable with the upscale demographics evolving as they were (are) around it. But it certainly lost its character in the process. The proper denizens of B'head never liked the vast collection of food and DRINK establishments that sprung up in its former 'downtown' and then up P'tree from the 1960s thru the 90s. But it happened so fast, they really couldn't stop it. Got to a point where my great uncle couldn't even drive from his house on Andrews to the Walgreens on Piedmont one Saturday afternoon. Several high-profile shootings in the late 1990s pretty much sealed the fate of DTBH. And  within 15 years, all those quirky little storefronts, grottos, decks, and beer gardens were gone, replaced by the sleek California style shopping venues we have today.  It reminds me of what's happening to Music Row, granted the latter has far more historical significance than the DTBH of the 1960s (although there were real homegrown, thriving businesses there before that evolution). Mind you, I'm not arguing that it shouldn't have happened... just lamenting another loss of an authentically organic cluster/hub of activity. 

I mourn the loss of any grotto.

• Haha 1

Been wanting to see that view ever since the office tower got taller than 4-5 floors and the Endeavor was completed. 

Sidetrack... has anyone here eaten at the Crab Fever restaurant?  The sign looks crappy (fish joke) but I love good seafood restaurants that aren't overly fancy. 

• Like 1

LOL.. I get that... and a healthy bit of suspicion is always wise... but where you have large enough population and volume to sustain daily fresh seafood deliveries, you can find some really good places far inland.  The better places also get their fish from trusted sources.  I always try to get lots of opinions from people who've eaten at a place. I can't say yet that I have a favorite seafood place in Nashville. 

This may be a stupid question to many of you, but b/c I don't hear the term attached to most buildings going up these days it may be assumed as true unless otherwise noted... Is Broadwest... and the other large buildings now LEED compliant? In other words, is LEED certification now the standard that any large project is assumed to meet/surpass?