BROADWEST (former West End Summit), 36 story Conrad Hilton Hotel/condo tower, 22 story/510,000 sq. ft. office tower, 4 story/125,000 sq. ft. retail/office, 1 acre plaza, 2,500 car garage, $490 million

it's just dave

On 9/5/2020 at 10:49 PM, AsianintheNations said:

I was living near Fenway in Boston when the Boylston St and Brookline Ave split, of comparable stature and geometry, got this epic upgrade from a one-story structure (a D'Angelo's Subs with a couple billboards mounted on top IIRC) to the 30-story Pierce Boston (450-sq ft studios for rent at the bargain price of $2,800/mo haha). Now that I'm looking at it again, it seems like a better design fit for Nashville than that area of Boston actually -- not that far off from your description of a triangular Bridgestone. Google streetview comparison of the before and after:

Fenway_BA.jpg.b7edd292a341ffd0ba8b59360bbce1ad.jpg

Can office towers be relocated? :)   While I would prefer a modern version of the Flatiron Bldg in NYC, that design would work very well at the Broadway/West End split.

• Like 2

Hayes St. Building (4 stories, 125,000 sq. ft. office/retail) update:

Looking east from intersection of Hayes St. and 17th Ave. North:

Broadwest, Oct 3, 2020, 9.jpeg

Looking SE from Hayes St., 1/2 block east of 17th Ave. North:

Broadwest, Oct 3, 2020, 10.jpeg

Looking SW from intersection of Hayes St. and 16th Ave. North:

Broadwest, Oct 3, 2020, 11.jpeg

Looking west from Downtown Subaru:

Broadwest, Oct 3, 2020, 12.jpeg

Also notice awning work in place above entrance to office tower facing the plaza. Looking north from West End Ave., 1/2 block east of 17th Ave:

Broadwest, Oct 3, 2020, 13.jpeg

• Like 4

Robert W. Baird investment firm has been granted a $1.09 million permit for build out the 15,750 sq. ft. of their 11th floor space in the Office Tower. Flow Construction will handle the work.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/construction/article/21143746/permit-patrol-5-october-2020

20 minutes ago, Jamie Hall said:

Maybe this question has been asked and answered, but I missed it: Is there a reason they chose to place the office tower so it offers a view of downtown, but the hotel/condo tower provides a bland view of the gas station and nondescript buildings along West End?

They do this because big office leases are often contigent on views and visability for the tenant. Condos (buyers) need views more than apartments (renters). Tourists, generally, don't come to Nashville expecting views, unless it's a truly high end hotel.

Edited by Nash_12South
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Conrad Hilton Hotel Condo Tower up to th floor.

Looking east from intersection of 20th Ave. North and Hayes St:

Broadwest, Oct 10, 2020, 1.jpeg

This is a completely new urban streetscape for Nashville. Without the Hutton name across the upper right (and even with that distant view of R2D2 in back) I would not have recognized the city. 

BTW, this is the street I have long thought should be the route westward for LRT. 

• Like 2

On 10/3/2020 at 9:22 AM, markhollin said:

Conrad Hilton Hotel/Condo Tower up to 27th floor.

Looking NW from 16th Ave. South, 1/4 block south of Broadway:

Broadwest, Oct 3, 2020, 1.jpeg

Looking NE from intersection of West End Ave. and 17th Ave:

Broadwest, Oct 3, 2020, 2.jpeg

Looking east from 18th Ave. North, 1/2 block north of West End Ave:

Broadwest, Oct 3, 2020, 3.jpeg

Looking SE from intersection of Hayes St. and 17th Ave. North:

Broadwest, Oct 3, 2020, 4.jpeg

Looking SW from Hayes St., 1/4 block east of 17th Ave. North:

Broadwest, Oct 3, 2020, 5.jpeg

I wonder if they got the name BroadWest because it sits between Broadway and West End? Your thoughts?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1