BROADWEST (former West End Summit), 36 story Conrad Hilton Hotel/condo tower, 22 story/510,000 sq. ft. office tower, 4 story/125,000 sq. ft. retail/office, 1 acre plaza, 2,500 car garage, $490 million

it's just dave

Just an honest question here...not trying to flame at all, but why has this thread not been closed (literally years ago for that matter)? Purely for amusement at this point I'm assuming. We ALL know that AP will NEVER accomplish building anything in this giant hole he dug for himself. lol

On 8/16/2017 at 11:31 AM, troyboytn said:

Just an honest question here...not trying to flame at all, but why has this thread not been closed (literally years ago for that matter)? Purely for amusement at this point I'm assuming. We ALL know that AP will NEVER accomplish building anything in this giant hole he dug for himself. lol

...Likely because there remains a sense of even "distant" hope, even if the "ray" is no more than a faint glint.  There seems to be common perception, based on rationale, that the atrocity of disgust incurred from that stillborn project, imminently will become attenuated and the property ultimately will be redeveloped, even though 13 years has elapsed, since the heart-breaking leveling of the Corinthian Lodge Nº414 at 1616 West End Ave.   This removable of an historic landmark structure (having been unprotected from demolition) perhaps compounded the perceived abomination by what effectively and arguably has become longest period of such a large abandoned deeply excavated site.

Whether or not many (or any) of us live to witness any redevelopment of that property ─ and quite frankly a number of us probably no longer will be around ─ the fact that A.P by far is no "spring chicken" somewhat "sweetens" the prospect that something will give in to a chain of favorable events sooner or later.   Again, it has been hope and desire that has held this thread open, at least until the Smeags determines that a powder-keg of protesters and counter-protesters warrants its closure.:)

Edited by rookzie
  • Like 4

I just look at that site and shake my head. The stupidity! The  chain of poor decisions that have rendered that lot useless. It couldn't even be a parking lot in the interim. Wow! And that moron Alex Palmer actually had a career developing commercial real estate? Hard to believe. Probably more lucky than competent. 

11 hours ago, troyboytn said:

Never say never! Haha! The development of this site will open the flood gates on development of Hayes St and West End

One thing is guaranteed, AP will eventually make a small fortune off this site

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 7:18 AM, smeagolsfree said:

I am actually glad that this is the longest running thread on the board, as it was started by our late friend Dave Luna.

I was thinking how funny it is that a thread started by Dave, who went on to eternity, is about a project taking an eternity... 25.gif

One thing is guaranteed, AP will eventually make a small fortune off this site

That is not guaranteed at this point considering how much has already sunk into excavation, Preconstruction, carry coats, etc...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

The entire city of Nashville has exploded with growth and development yet Alex Palmer has never been able to do anything other than dig himself a big empty hole. It’s well known that he has serious financial problems even having to sell his namesake Palmer Plaza (know known as 1801 West End).  Palmer has a  reputation as a greedy businessman.  He was badly burned when his dream tenant HCA had enough of his inability to secure financing and smartly walked away and built their tower at Capitol View. 

Edited by dxfret
Typo

8 minutes ago, jmtunafish said:

Every time I see this thread resurrected, I get excited.  Instead, it's just:

Image result for beating a dead horse meme

I pretty much just view this thread as a joke thread. I think if anything ever actually happens with it we should just change the name of the thread to “West End Summit....No, Like Seriously”

• Like 3
  • Haha 1