BROADWEST (former West End Summit), 36 story Conrad Hilton Hotel/condo tower, 22 story/510,000 sq. ft. office tower, 4 story/125,000 sq. ft. retail/office, 1 acre plaza, 2,500 car garage, $490 million

it's just dave

• smeagolsfree changed the title to BROADWEST (FORMER WEST END SUMMIT)

43 minutes ago, AronG said:

Dgt3vZxW0AEnoaX.jpg:large

I don't hate it.  But the one on the right looks like what would happen if the Pinnacle building and Bridgestone building had a big baby.  I hope this doesn't sit for years before they get moving.  This will definitely extend the Nashville skyline in a great way.  

• Like 4

Sure beats what's there now! And for all the folks who've complained about "boxy"... well, it's not boxy. 

Having said that, I can't help thinking this drawing is a placemarker (I just don't recognize that streetscape) and for the concept only. Sichko's article sounds like there's still a lot of variation in the final design (which sounds tentative). 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 4

Hard to tell, but I believe the residential/hotel tower is set back from West End and there is a slight bend in the street to the north. So the office building would hug the corner of 16th & WE/Broadway; that would reserve a lot of the view for the northeastern section of the residential/hotel. And I'd guess that prospective office tenants would pay an even greater premium for a downtown view. Let's not forget that the Midtown skyline is coming along nicely with 7 new towers u/c and more on the way. And (IDK) maybe residents prefer the sunset views to sunrise with all that glass. So personally, I wouldn't mind a west-facing unit. 

Also, these renderings appear to be somewhere around 360' tall. So that would make them about 70' taller than the nearby SkyHouse. 

AMENDING MY POST: Story in OL Tennessean says that perspective is from 16th and Hayes Street. I'm dubious, as the property would be to the right of 16th from that perspective (unless it's looking westward, which I still doubt). https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2018/06/27/west-end-summit-broadwest-rendering-name/739184002/

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 4

Chris brown is now a musician and developer?!

but in all seriousness this looks like a great replacement, I’m hoping intercontinental sees this and adds to this in some way, having an intercontinental in Nashville would be really good for the city. That and the proposed W hotel and rumored four seasons in the 2nd avenue project would be really good luxury hotel additions to our city. I would also hope to see a fairmont or ritz Carlton in the future but I won’t hold my breath

• Haha 2

Looks good!  It's great to see something else proposed for that land FINALLY... however... here comes my inner negative nancy... I can't help but think that this is being proposed just in time to be once again delayed indefinitely by the next recession.  :tw_grimace:

2 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

AMENDING MY POST: Story in OL Tennessean says that perspective is from 16th and Hayes Street. I'm dubious, as the property would be to the right of 16th from that perspective (unless it's looking westward, which I still doubt). https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2018/06/27/west-end-summit-broadwest-rendering-name/739184002/

I think the Tennessean is wrong about the intersection. Still think it's 16th/Broadway (Beaman Toyota to right) looking to northwest. 

Agreed ML.  The Tennessean also states that both towers are about 20 stories. :blink:  Really?  They are??  Could they maybe take 10 seconds to count the stories on the residential tower?  If you can’t accurately report what’s in front of face why should I assume anything else is correct?  Ok, I done.   Anyway, I love this!  Especially considering how long we’ve been waiting.  

• Like 2

It looks to me like it is the 16th and Hayes intersection and the office building is on Hayes and the condo/hotel is on Broadway. The view is looking West.

This also, explains the surface parking lot east of 16th .... currently there.

Edited by Guest

According the  the rendering, the apartment tower appears to be at least 36 stories, and the office building is 22. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21011280/twotower-project-eyed-for-exwest-end-summit-site

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/06/27/revealed-two-skyscrapers-on-tap-for-former-west.html

Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 5.34.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 5.34.18 PM.png

• Like 1

Wow, if it weren't for the presence of Capital View in the above photo I'd probably assume that was taken in 1999 or something.  That corner of town is in desperate need of a shake-up, and it sounds like the major developments are finally starting to move that direction.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...