BROADWEST (former West End Summit), 36 story Conrad Hilton Hotel/condo tower, 22 story/510,000 sq. ft. office tower, 4 story/125,000 sq. ft. retail/office, 1 acre plaza, 2,500 car garage, $490 million

it's just dave

5 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

wow. Can't  believe it is starting now

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, TheRaglander said:

34 floors.  What's the approx on the height?   Pinnacle is 29 floors around 417'

"The hotel will occupy the lower 14 levels of a building that will reach 400 feet in the air. The upper 20 floors will contain 220 luxury condos, at prices ranging from about $500,000 to penthouse units at $2 million, Brown said."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

Screen Shot 2018-08-20 at 2.13.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-20 at 2.13.46 PM.png

Great to finally have a project going on that site.    Not to rain on the parade, but I’m a little disappointed with what I’m seeing in the renderings in terms of how it addresses both 16th and 17th Avenues.    17th gets a parking pedestal blank wall and 16th gets what looks like a block long concrete wall.   And these are 3-4 story walls.    Yikes.     Surely the architects can do better than that.    

• Like 2

I agree. I sure would have thought they would have or thinking about activation of the streets  around the project. It will be a missed opportunity if they dont. This entire area will eventually scream for retail and commercial along the street and if you have high end residential you would think there would be some activation on the street. 

Maybe Metro will force their hand.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, CenterHill said:

Great to finally have a project going on that site.    Not to rain on the parade, but I’m a little disappointed with what I’m seeing in the renderings in terms of how it addresses both 16th and 17th Avenues.    17th gets a parking pedestal blank wall and 16th gets what looks like a block long concrete wall.   And these are 3-4 story walls.    Yikes.     Surely the architects can do better than that.    

5 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

I agree. I sure would have thought they would have or thinking about activation of the streets  around the project. It will be a missed opportunity if they dont. This entire area will eventually scream for retail and commercial along the street and if you have high end residential you would think there would be some activation on the street. 

Maybe Metro will force their hand.

Maybe they feel that this project is of the size and magnitude that it will spur enough surrounding development, and those developments will address the retail/activation needs. You’re definitely right though, 16th and 17th look like dogcrap in these renderings. Better this than the current lakefront though, I suppose. 

• Like 1