BROADWEST (former West End Summit), 36 story Conrad Hilton Hotel/condo tower, 22 story/510,000 sq. ft. office tower, 4 story/125,000 sq. ft. retail/office, 1 acre plaza, 2,500 car garage, $490 million

it's just dave

3 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

What is neat is it shows Nashville Yards plus the Endeavor project. Maybe some of these folks know something we don't with all the new office buildings.

Just saying and I don't think it would happen, but Amazon needs about 5 million sq. ft. This building is 500 K, Nashville Yards is about 2 million, and they could easily put another 2 million on the TN site and it looks as if Highwoods is going to start to tear the TN building down sooner rather than later.

I worked up this card a few weeks ago...

44164166171_a9b69f994d_c.jpg

This would be a good start. It was reported much earlier that the Trolley campus (my name) would have a trolley line to connect the various buildings along the shown route roughly.

EDIT; This is based of the previously mentioned reports that this option was presented by the Chamber of Commerce to initially include 5th and Broad, Nashville Yards and the Tennessean site. I personally have extrapolated the data to include Broadwest and Gulch Union. I don't have any inside information on any current proposal. Just amazing extrapolation powers!!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nathan_in_the_UK said:

Hopefully this gets out of the ground quickly. I wonder how much remedial site work needs to be done to get it going. There's probably some erosion, stability, and sediment concerns if I had to guess, considering that the lake has basically been left to nature for so long now.

Here's to hoping this spurs on a continuous developed strip all the way to the CBD!

I noticed a couple weeks ago that there was only about 5 feet or less of water left in lake Palmer. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PHofKS said:

I worked up this card a few weeks ago...

44164166171_a9b69f994d_c.jpg

This would be a good start. It was reported much earlier that the Trolley campus (my name) would have a trolley line to connect the various buildings along the shown route roughly.

EDIT; This is based of the previously mentioned reports that this option was presented by the Chamber of Commerce to initially include 5th and Broad, Nashville Yards and the Tennessean site. I personally have extrapolated the data to include Broadwest and Gulch Union. I don't have any inside information on any current proposal. Just amazing extrapolation powers!!!

Excellent! I was the first one on these boards to mention a line down Hayes Street with a rail/walk bridge over I-40 back when we were exploring (early) possible routes for LRT (before it became AMP). Had the added advantage of not interfering with West End/Broadway auto trafic but serving the same nodes. Still think it's a fantastic route, with potential to go up Commerce all the way to Second. 

• Like 4

I like this diagram however i still feel river north would be a great fit for amazon, and could provide a form of transit to downtown nashville and germantown residential areas by water taxi (and maybe a bridge over the river). They could have their entire campus near the city center alltogether, and that would be a prime site for them assuming they came to nashville (which isnt likely).

• Like 1

Plus, not every building can have retail...there is just not enough demand. With the state office buildings there is a security issue. I know when I go to the Chick-fil-a in the TN Tower it is an ordeal....

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

^ ^ ^ The challenge is getting retailers to take space that faces empty lots.  My guess is they would not be terribly excited about paying high rents when they are facing a gas station on one side, and a car dealership lot on the other. 

9 minutes ago, nashville_bound said:

With the state office buildings there is a security issue. I know when I go to the Chick-fil-a in the TN Tower it is an ordeal....

Well, except the TN Tower was built as a private company HQ (Nat'l Life Insurance).     The isolated elevated plaza, cut off from the sidewalks, was a design decision made during a different era (1970) when downtown was a 9-5 environment and office workers didn't necessarily want to interact with people on the surrounding streets.   

• Like 1

I agree it is very unfriendly, but the setup I am speaking about is actually entering the building. It is security line, Q and A, present ID, wait for ID to be scanned, wait for guest pass to print, put guest pass on chest and proceed to get chicken! ha

10 minutes ago, nashville_bound said:

I agree it is very unfriendly, but the setup I am speaking about is actually entering the building. It is security line, Q and A, present ID, wait for ID to be scanned, wait for guest pass to print, put guest pass on chest and proceed to get chicken! ha

I think you could add "and walk barefoot through glass" to that and Chick-fil-A fans would still line up.    LOL  

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, TNinVB said:

So where are the downtown residents supposed to go for a lake now??? 

They’ll have to settle for the massive puddles of stale beer that accumulate near lower Broad every time one of the beer-bottle collecting garbage trucks stop for more than 15 seconds ;) 

• Haha 1