BROADWEST (former West End Summit), 36 story Conrad Hilton Hotel/condo tower, 22 story/510,000 sq. ft. office tower, 4 story/125,000 sq. ft. retail/office, 1 acre plaza, 2,500 car garage, $490 million

it's just dave

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Even with the Cummins project, we knew there was something up because of all the zoning changss happening. Its what we call houskeeping zoning, to get an area under the same zoning, parcels combined, alleys closed, sewers and water lines abandoned,  etc. All of those little things add up to the big picture.

I pay attention to things in my neighborhood (Wedgewood-Houston) via epermits.nashville.gov is that what you use for your research or do you have another tool you’d be willing to share? 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, thenorthchannel said:

I pay attention to things in my neighborhood (Wedgewood-Houston) via epermits.nashville.gov is that what you use for your research or do you have another tool you’d be willing to share? 

The Nashville development tracker is also useful, although the cat is out of the bag in almost all cases of substantial development.  You will pick up on some smaller projects through it. 

Much of what comes to be known is picked up by neighborhood groups since developers typically approach neighborhood leadership before making anything public or going to Metro Planning. There have been several sizeable project discovered this way which is then fed to William Williams, Ron, or Mark.

Most of what comes to be known, though, is connections that those guys mentioned above have in the construction/development community.  Also, sometimes asking questions is really useful....Ron can correct me, but I believe he has had a few cases where he has simply asked a construction worker or surveyor what is going on and the beans get spilled. Architectural firms have also been known to prematurely spill the beans by posting information on their website. 

• Like 4

I use a combination of daily permits, permits applied for,  development tracker, planning commission meetings, but in that case all of those items have been posted on other Metro documents. Also MDHA documents, and many times me just snooping around.

I cant tell you the number of times I have ran across projects because of workers core drilling or surveying or suits in a parking lot.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am now  hecking the Register of Deeds site too. Thats not to mention keeping my pulse on the  Tennessean, and the NBJ. When I have time I will make my rounds at thearchitect websites. I used to do that a lot more often but with all the activity now there is just not enough time.

Back when things were slower, i use to do what Mark does and go by construction sites and take pictures and post the news articles. Not enough time to do that now. Thank You Mark!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, markhollin said:

Glad to be of help, Ron.  I am a bit overwhelmed at times, too.  A couple days ago I couldn't sleep and I counted all the various projects in town that I am currently keeping tabs on with fairly regular visits (some every few weeks, some every other month): It's currently about 160. 

That's a lot of projects!  How many miles a month do you log riding around town checking on all your sheep?