BROADWEST (former West End Summit), 36 story Conrad Hilton Hotel/condo tower, 22 story/510,000 sq. ft. office tower, 4 story/125,000 sq. ft. retail/office, 1 acre plaza, 2,500 car garage, $490 million

it's just dave

13 hours ago, Pdt2f said:

I know it’s a repeated theme on this forum but if those dealerships between this and the interstate ever get sold and developed, it will tie the city together so perfectly. After that just cap the interstate and put a nice urban park with some sidewalk trails and shade trees on it, maybe a few skyline viewing areas, and you’ve got a continuous urban stretch from the river to 440 and beyond. 

By my count there's almost 20 acres counting north and south of Broadway. At the price Propst paid that would be worth around $200 million, right? At this point running a car dealership on that land is like building a mcdonalds on top of a vein of gold. Does Beaman own all of it? I guess that divorce scandal or whatever it was hasn't forced him to sell off. Whenever he kicks it his estate sale is going to unleash some huge redevelopment.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, AronG said:

By my count there's almost 20 acres counting north and south of Broadway. At the price Propst paid that would be worth around $200 million, right? At this point running a car dealership on that land is like building a mcdonalds on top of a vein of gold. Does Beaman own all of it? I guess that divorce scandal or whatever it was hasn't forced him to sell off. Whenever he kicks it his estate sale is going to unleash some huge redevelopment.

He owns at least the stuff south of Broadway. Plus a huge chunk of land just over the interstate off of 12th avenue in the Gulch. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gonna be interesting to see how Nashville absorbs all these top end condos. Couple hundred each in this one, 2nd & Demonbreun, and Paramount, among others. I guess these guys are foreseeing a lot of demand from Amazon and AB, etc.

Edited by AronG
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

So high luxury all over downtown! Waldorf or Conrad here, Hyatt Grand in Nashville Yards, JW Marriott already open, and the Four Seasons down on first. Nicely done Nashville

Someone on another board insists Ritz (I wanted to use that rhyme!) is coming to Nashville. I have never heard that. Anyone here know anything? 

1 hour ago, MLBrumby said:

Someone on another board insists Ritz (I wanted to use that rhyme!) is coming to Nashville. I have never heard that. Anyone here know anything? 

I wouldn't doubt it.  There are developers out there negotiating with all kinds of "elite" hotel brands right now.  Will be interesting to see which ones will come to fruition.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MLBrumby said:

Then Nashville needs to start making bids for THE BIG EVENTS (Super Bowl, Political Conventions, Final Four, All Stars... all of em)... it's getting close already to the next tier.  And yes, I agree with those who say Nashville will need a domed stadium. Hands down, I would rather have a 3/4-day event in downtown Nashville than in downtown Atlanta. The upgrades to BNA need to be completed and certain infrastructure upgrades need to happen. But very close. 

NBA All Star games isn't going to happen, since Nashville doesn't have a team or stadium.

Edited by urbanplanet17

2 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Then Nashville needs to start making bids for THE BIG EVENTS (Super Bowl, Political Conventions, Final Four, All Stars... all of em)... it's getting close already to the next tier.  And yes, I agree with those who say Nashville will need a domed stadium. Hands down, I would rather have a 3/4-day event in downtown Nashville than in downtown Atlanta. The upgrades to BNA need to be completed and certain infrastructure upgrades need to happen. But very close. 

The hotel inventory is going to be there but Nissan needs a LOT of work to be Super Bowl ready. There will be a big war sooner than later to either put a bunch of money in Nissan or build a new dome. We can't host a Final Four without a domed stadium.

On 2/25/2019 at 11:09 AM, smeagolsfree said:

Beaman owns between 16 and 19 acres total in the area and the Reed family owns around 10 acres and the dialysis clinic owns almost 8 acres. Part of what Beaman owns is over off of 12th. So, if we just count what he owns on or around that corridor its about 10.5 acres. so, between 3 land holders in that area you have about 29 acres total that could be redeveloped.

Hasn't Beaman emphatically stated before he will never sell his Broadway property? Maybe his legal challenges will make him reevaluate at some point.

3 hours ago, urbanplanet17 said:

NBA All Star games isn't going to happen, since Nashville doesn't have a team or stadium.

Las Vegas doesn’t have a team and they host it all the time. Having a team isn’t really a consideration, it just needs to be a location fitting to the fanfare. 

27 minutes ago, Pdt2f said:

Las Vegas doesn’t have a team and they host it all the time. Having a team isn’t really a consideration, it just needs to be a location fitting to the fanfare. 

2007 is hardly all the time.  Besides Las Vegas hosts the largest of the NBA Summer Leagues.   Nashville won't land an NBA All Star Game until we have a team.

• Like 1

I don't think the NBA holding an all star game in Nashville is entirely out of the realm of possibility, but I don't know why they would given all the other in-league options.  Besides, Memphis has yet to hold one, so I really hope they get one before we do.  We can let them have a thing once in awhile can't we? Haha

• Like 2
  • Haha 1