BROADWEST (former West End Summit), 36 story Conrad Hilton Hotel/condo tower, 22 story/510,000 sq. ft. office tower, 4 story/125,000 sq. ft. retail/office, 1 acre plaza, 2,500 car garage, $490 million

it's just dave

• 2 months later...

Ding Dong!! Light on specifics, but good news!!

"Longtime Nashville real estate developer Alex Palmer has a deal in place to sell his most prized asset: West End Summit, his excavated city block development site in Midtown."

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/03/12/sources-palmer-has-deal-to-sell-west-end-summit.html?ana=e_nsh_bn_exclusive&u=ugSD45LqOYSZg4E6uBl%2BpbdPa%2BA&t=1520879602&j=80452101

Since the link is behind the paywall, here are highlights:

- According to multiple sources, an out-of-state group is under contract to purchase the 3.9-acre site at 1600 West End Ave.

- The group under contract has finished its due diligence period, a common window in which a buyer can scrutinize and research a property. That information can allow the buyer to attempt to renegotiate pieces of the deal, or sometimes, even walk away. 

- Two sources said the point person on the buyer's side is based in Birmingham, Ala.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, titanhog said:

Honestly, I hope he gets a good chunk of money for it and can ride off into the sunset not totally broke.  Kinda feel sorry for the fella.

Haha I kinda hope Palmer doesn’t read this forum. Unless it was reading our constant joking about him that caused him to sell WES, that is. If it was, we should have made fun of him more, earlier. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, e-dub said:

every time i see this thread bumped i always think to myself "ok, who's trying to be funny today". nice to be wrong!

I totally thought it would either be an early April fools joke or one of those non-news items that make you momentarily hopeful that something might be moving (“new ‘Rio Grande’ fence sign, must be about to restart construction!1”). 

• Like 2

On 3/12/2018 at 9:08 PM, Pdt2f said:

I totally thought it would either be an early April fools joke or one of those non-news items that make you momentarily hopeful that something might be moving (“new ‘Rio Grande’ fence sign, must be about to restart construction!1”). 

An early April fools joke like when KDF said they were moving from hard rock to contemporary country on April 1.  Hahaha.  Then, it happened.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 12:03 PM, Mr_Bond said:

An early April fools joke like when KDF said they were moving from hard rock to contemporary country on April 1.  Hahaha.  Then, it happened.

I still miss having the old KDF rock format when I'm back home. I remember when it was basically the only non-Country station (other than 96.3 Oldies and 99.7 Talk) in town!

Glory hallelujah! From Nashville Business Journal:

According to multiple sources, a group linked to Huntsville, Ala.-based Propst Properties is the buyer in line to purchase the property from Palmer. The Nashville Business Journal first reported March 12 that Palmer had a deal in place to sell his prized site.

The Alabama family has made a fortune in the pharmaceutical industry. 
William Propst Sr. founded two generic-drug businesses, Qualitest and Vintage Pharmaceuticals, which he sold in 2007 for a reported $850 million. Paperwork filed March 22 with the state of Tennessee discloses that trusts tied to Propst Sr. and other family members make up the majority of the 16 members of the entity Propst 1600 West End Avenue Holding LLC. The entity is registered to the Huntsville main office of Propst Properties.
John Hughey, president of Propst Properties, signed the state paperwork as sole director of the group.  Still unclear is the purchase price the Propst group has agreed to pay Palmer for his property. It's also not clear when the sale is scheduled to happen. As we previously reported, the contract process is fairly far along. Propst has completed its due diligence period in which it can scrutinize and examine the site. 
Propst's website shows examples of several retail, office and development sites the company owns in Alabama, Georgia and in Tampa, Fla. Propst also has bought, sold and developed residential lots throughout Williamson County, according to public records.
More behind the NBJ paywall here:
https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/03/23/exclusive-buyer-for-west-end-summit-revealed.html?ana=twt

Here is the Propst Properties website:
http://www.propst.com/home.html

5ab5216fe0cc8_ScreenShot2018-03-23at10_44_20AM.png.914f208e31a78915bda69b386c55fa2b.png

Just being rich isn’t enough. They will have to team with someone. I see nothing that gives me any confidence that they have the ability to pull this off.