ALL THE DIFFERENT MUSIC GENRES ATLANTANS LOVE

After talking with Neo, he gave me permission to start a thread on music, but as of now, not a Forum.

Music certainly has a powerful emotional influence in our urban culture across the world.

I like Classic Rock, Alternative Rock, along with different genres of Arabic, Indian, and Asian music. Classical Music is also an enjoyment, but not a favorite as with Opera, though I certainly have an appreciation for its complex form and the emotional power it can generate.

I grew up as a 60's child and as a 70's teenager, and in my 20's moved into Alternative Rock such as was U2, The Cult, The Smithereens, Midnight Oil and so many others, but at the same time I was not ready to give up Classic and Hard Rock Music like Led Zeppelin, The Doors, Neil Young, Janis Joplin, Cream, Rush, Jimi Hendrix, Deep Purple and the list goes on.

In an effort to accommodate all forms on Urban Planet, I wanted to separate the music by genre, but for now as a "test", everyone can just post a comment on the music they want to share regardless of genre and supply a music video of the particular song to help complete the musical experience.

NOTE: Please do not provide video that has profanity, sexual situations, or anything else that would violate the rules and terms of Urban Planet. Thanks for your cooperation and understanding.

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This in one of my favorite Alternative Rock bands called The Cult performing the song entitled "Rain" from thier second album/CD. This is the acoustical version, and sorry I could not find a way to actually post the video with no YouTube icon in the toolbar, so I did it the old fashioned way as a link.

Archived