Tennessean Article On Future Towers

MTSUBlueraider86

This is not new for us, but it is for the general public. As usual the Tenneesean did not do their research and used the older rendering of The Sobro.

Seab Tuck of Tuck Hinton slams the Guitar shaped building.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20120819/BUSINESS02/308190046/Nashville-s-high-rise-hoopla-Can-new-building-plans-spark-downtown-market-

Enjoy!

MT

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The CBD is in dire need of something 50+ stories tall. If I could pick one site that would "fill in" the skyline nicely from the overused Shelby bridge perspective, it would be something a'la the Devon Tower (OKC) located along the southside of the Church Street viaduct over the Gulch. With all the other development going in just south of there... and possibly just north of there, it would also show a wide skyline from I-65 coming from the north. Of course, no developer that I know of even owns that site... but there was a transaction dealing with the parking lot across 11th Avenue from the site I'm talking about. One of the other developers will get something up before that site is ever considered.

The CBD is in dire need of something 50+ stories tall. If I could pick one site that would "fill in" the skyline nicely from the overused Shelby bridge perspective, it would be something a'la the Devon Tower (OKC) located along the southside of the Church Street viaduct over the Gulch. With all the other development going in just south of there... and possibly just north of there, it would also show a wide skyline from I-65 coming from the north. Of course, no developer that I know of even owns that site... but there was a transaction dealing with the parking lot across 11th Avenue from the site I'm talking about. One of the other developers will get something up before that site is ever considered.

I am with you on 50 stories. Tony had to get a height variance with BNA for Signature due to flight patterns. Southwest will fly right over my condo leaving the city and some flights fly so close to downtown, it looks like they could clip the ATT Building! Don't know why they fly so low. The city says one can build as tall as they want, but the Airport Authority want's to dictate height due to flight patterns. In that case, the Gulch would be a prime spot.

The print edition had the older rendering I was told by WW/ESU.

Yea, I saw the print edition as well and noticed that too. I dont know why it was not in the online edition.

There was no metion of the Hensler building or the Eakin tower either. They never do the research they need to do. Cudos to WW and the Post/CP for getting it right.

As for the guitar from hell, please do not build it in Nashville. Let Branson have it.

Yea, I saw the print edition as well and noticed that too. I dont know why it was not in the online edition.

There was no metion of the Hensler building or the Eakin tower either. They never do the research they need to do. Cudos to WW and the Post/CP for getting it right.

As for the guitar form hell, please do not build it in Nashville. Let Branson have it.

Brilliant! That would go splendidly in Branson. Or maybe Pigeon Forge...

Does the Tennessean actually break any news anymore? My wife gets the Sunday paper for coupons, and when I saw the front page story I thought there might be some new information in the article. It seems like they just regurgitate what the others in town previously broke and add in a few interviews with key people. I had considered subscribing to the the Tennessean when I moved here, but I'm glad I didn't now.

Archived