Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SupercityGR

additional floors

5 posts in this topic

Do you guys think any buildings in Grand Rapids would look good with some extra floors added? I think some buildings would look very nice with some extra stories. The flat iron buildings along Monroe center would look very nice with there original buildings on the bottom like they are, then glass towers erecting up from there. Also campau square plaza would look nice with an additional 7 stories. Same brick, same glass. Just taller. I saw a building that look identical to campau square plaza but was simply just taller.

Yes, for sure. I think the Peacock Building at Jefferson and Fulton would look great with a couple floors of residential added on top (done tastefully). I saw all kinds of projects like that in Chicago last weekend.

I agree with the flat irons. Especially the one with the Children's Museum, the other two taller buildings near it look weird.

IMO Grand Plaza would look better with about 10 more floors and lighting around the top to really showcase the shape

Comerica building, JW and Mc Kay would all look better with more floors

Another hidden building probably noboady really likes is an office building near e. beltline and burton. ive always though that would look really cool at 15+ floors

http://goo.gl/maps/LQ5Cv

I think the corners of monroe center would be great. Like monroe and justice. Make a nice glass condo coming up out of the flat iron.